Linux Kodi Linux Shuttering playback
I am hoping to post this the right place- I think I have a problem originating from CCurlFile caching failing. I am using a Live TV addon. It is currently called Danish Live TV. I get the experience as the stream plays 10 seconds, freezes for 2-5 seconds and then fast forwards to the location where it would be. I don't have problems on Windows, only on other (Linux based) platforms. I am suspecting that curl might give me problem (as log says)- I am currently using Kodi 16.1, after upgrading from 16.0 (same problem). Curl is MIT/haxx.se version 7.51.

Log file

VCDPlayer complains about running out of data, but I suspect it just download chunks and plays them. I don't seem to have problems with videos of limited size (Like TED talks, Southpark etc.)
Wrong gpu drivers. We don't run on nouveaux.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'll try to make a secondary boot with nvidia and the needed older requirements (It's an old laptop and it doesn't work with brand new drivers from nvidia). I had problems with the nvidia driver too, so I expect the same outcome, but with a different log file ofc. and the related nvidia changes.
I did consider building a new system, but it didn't make much sense to me that live tv didn't work smoothly with a 100MBit connection considering playing local files ran very smooth. The laptop is using a Go 7400 (G72M), which is a pretty old nVidia card now. On Windows things became slower and slower over time. On linux, newest Nouveau driver still got some problems with KDE5/Plasma visual effects and I guess some unsafe wallpaper handling, but have offered better support and in some cases speed than the old nVidia driver (limited to version<305 and thus xorg 1.17). I was suspecting Kodi (v16) didn't support curl 7.50 and above. My system have (>=)7.51). I read somewhere that Krypton added support this so I upgraded to 17.0 beta 6. I upgraded and after a few changes live tv runs without the old problems.

Hope this will help others with cutting edge linux systems or just similar problems.

Kodi now runs on the machine
(Juny 2017 Actually back giving trouble, but suspect new source for the problems originate with some problems with streaming)

System where it ran:
Gentoo
Kernel 4.8.14
Kodi 17.0 beta6
Xorg 1.18.4
KDE5/Plasna 5.8.4

You can consider thread solved (using upgrade) and closed. I just edited the post a bit now trying to fix some spelling problems and update a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Linux Shuttering playback0