Someone is selling fully loaded Kodi boxes near me.
I registered here just to find out how I can report someone for selling fully loaded Kodi devices. At the very least, maybe Kodi can get their Facebook page taken down. Pirated media being accessed by illicit addons in Kodi are killing Kodi's reputation and it needs to stop.

Please let me know where I should post or who I should PM with the information. Thanks.
Just put it here if you dont mind
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Don't. Quite simply, don't believe the hype. Move along, and find something else to be offended at.

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-11-24, 08:34)brokentechie Wrote: Don't. Quite simply, don't believe the hype. Move along, and find something else to be offended at.
So these friggin add-ons killing Kodi is a hype? Interesting.
Nothing is killing kodi. It's still being developed...

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-11-24, 10:38)brokentechie Wrote: Nothing is killing kodi. It's still being developed...

Sent from my SM-G935F (typie typie)

So you can't kill a project in development? Are you serious right now? How can I not be offended? People are charging over $100 USD for access to free software and pirated content, and they don't say anything about that in the advertisements. They only say Kodi. So the buyers are going to Kodi for help accessing pirated content, or believe Kodi is the supplier of the content in the first place, crippling their reputation before it even has a chance to gain a more solid footing as a respectable media platform. IMO, Kodi should begin taking steps to block certain types of addons.

Edit: URL noted and removed - let's not give them any more publicity by leaving it here any longer than necessary, eh?
Keyboard warrior. Numpty. What you're pissed at is someone selling a service you can do for free. That's it. Grow up, there's more wrong with the world than people making a few quid on the side. Go to the Facebook groups and vent your spleen.

I can change my cars brakes, oil etc for free, but I choose to pay someone to do it. Same sketch here, people can do it for free, but if they lack time, knowledge or inclination they are paying someone for a service.

It's not illegal, they aren't doing anything legally wrong. Morally maybe, but perhaps there's more of a need in this day and age for people to mind their own business and put their own home in order before they start shouting at someone else.

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-11-24, 11:12)brokentechie Wrote: Keyboard warrior. Numpty. What you're pissed at is someone selling a service you can do for free. That's it. Grow up, there's more wrong with the world than people making a few quid on the side. Go to the Facebook groups and vent your spleen.

I can change my cars brakes, oil etc for free, but I choose to pay someone to do it. Same sketch here, people can do it for free, but if they lack time, knowledge or inclination they are paying someone for a service.

It's not illegal, they aren't doing anything legally wrong. Morally maybe, but perhaps there's more of a need in this day and age for people to mind their own business and put their own home in order before they start shouting at someone else.

Sent from my SM-G935F (typie typie)

You start off with pointless insults so that leads me to believe you're not to be taken seriously. How can I even consider your position when you start off with that stuff? Telling me to grow up doesn't help your case either.

The bottom line is, the pirated content is illegal. Selling access to pirated content marketed as free TV is illegal. Providing the content is illegal. Sharing pirated content with your friends is illegal. That's the bottom line.
A gentle reminder of the forum_rules (wiki)

Quote:2.1 General conduct
Be civil.
Polite language is required.

I would also remind everyone that Team Kodi is at liberty to take whatever position they wish to on any addon, official or otherwise. "Fully loaded" boxes constantly link the Kodi application with pirate video streams, and are not acceptable - it's nothing to do with anyone making money (within the terms of the licensing), and everything to do with bringing the project into disrepute.
That's fine. I have no issue with Kodi being upset about 3rd party addons. What I do have an issue with is someone taking up a cause that's not "theirs " to own....

Sent from my SM-G935F
(2016-11-24, 11:40)brokentechie Wrote: What I do have an issue with is someone taking up a cause that's not "theirs " to own....

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
For the record: thank you, Leptoon, for reporting this. We have the Facebook link, and we'll see what we can do.
It's one thing to sell preloaded boxes - we can't forbid that, but it's the way they advertise this crap. There is no distinction between Kodi and the add-ons. I suppose Mozilla would be quite pissed of people sold boxes with preinstalled Firefox and a shitload of piracy add-ons and would claim "use Firefox to watch free movies". Same thing. And when devs are pissed that the software they spend valuable time of their life is being ruined by the greed of others, then they might stop working on it. I would and will if all this shit doesn't end.
(2016-11-24, 11:40)brokentechie Wrote: That's fine. I have no issue with Kodi being upset about 3rd party addons. What I do have an issue with is someone taking up a cause that's not "theirs " to own....

What is it that you don't understand?
OP clearly stated that someone is selling fully loaded (kodi + illegal add-on crap) kodi devices near him.
Back to what you said:
Quote:It's not illegal, they aren't doing anything legally wrong.
Really? Go troll elsewhere...
Not trolling. Sick of whining about 3rd party addons killing Kodi. Dramatisation. Nonsense. Over reactions. A Safe space generation that want to scream foul at everyone and everything that they don't agree with.

Be smart, use it for what you want to, ignore the rest, seriously other than a bit of hurt pride in not having the idea first what exactly is the average Joe's loss? Nada. Nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Someone is selling fully loaded Kodi boxes near me.0