Newbie question with TV shows in library
Hi all,

I understand that the only way of having a proper TV show library is having the following structure

-TV Shows source
-------TV Show 1
-----------Season 1
-----------------Season 1 files
-----------Season 2
-----------------Season 2 files
-------TV Show 2
-----------Season 1
-----------------Season 1 files
-----------Season 2
-----------------Season 2 files

Why is this necessary, if all the files have to be named TVSHOW.SXXEXX anyway? I mean, when a file is detected, can't the scrapper see the show, the season and the episode straightaway? I know it is a much cleaner solution in terms of folder or file structures, but if as I have automated the process of adding the video files to "TV Shows source" without actually making any difference between the different TV shows is a little bit of a pain to go and sort the episode every week.

I mean, couldn't this be done?
Hi there,

I am looking to migrate to Kodi from MediaPortal and this is one of the things that are currently stopping me...

In MP I just simply dump all my files in the one directory and the scraper picks them up straight away.

I have searched about doing this in Kodi and all I can find is a bunch of people asking for the same feature for years but I don't think it is available (yet)..?

The closest I could find is to use a third party program to rename my files every time I download them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie question with TV shows in library0