"On screen display" in "mini mode"
(2016-11-27, 23:07)rascas Wrote: Raspbian doesn't have issues with controllers, at least not more than other linux systems.
Kodi doesn't have joystick support on the Raspberry Pi. Only Kodi 17 will have, but is still in beta.
franck is mostly likely using RetroPie's Kodi version, 16.1 which has unoficial experimental joystick support. He just needs to read the wiki's and change his keymap accordingly.
Yes I'm using 16.1 I mentioned it in my first message, should I change the gamepad or the joystick file ? I'm having iBUFFALO "Classic USB Gamepad" but Kodi refers them as "joysticks" in the log file.
You have to change the keymap xml file. To get your joystick name, as recognized by the system forget the kodi log and run the following command in a terminal:
Code:
cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Kodi included keymaps are in /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/. Since yours is an iBUFFALO, it is probably loading ibufallo.xml (which was made by some RetroPie user and included in this Kodi version). Check the joystick name and if it matches, copy it to /home/pi/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ and change it as you like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"On screen display" in "mini mode"0