Mythtv plugin freezing on startup
Hi

I just installed Kodi 16.1 for the first time on a Windows 10 PC and attempted to setup a PVR connection to my MythTV 0.28 server which is running Mythbuntu 16.04

It setup alright and I connected and watched recordings. On a startup I think I went into the System options while PVR manager was starting up. Now it never completes 'Loading recordings from clients' and runs very slowly.
I also have the same issue with a Android TV box that arrived a couple of days ago.

The logs have lots of channel icon errors, eg

Code:
19:55:10 T:5784   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/4/449a68a5.jpg
19:55:17 T:5784  NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
19:55:19 T:17756   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth::WSResponse::WSResponse: bad request (404)
19:55:19 T:17756   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth::WSAPI::GetChannelIcon1_32: invalid response
19:55:19 T:17756   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: FileOps::Process: Failed to read file: type: 4, local: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\pvr.mythtv\cache\channelIcon\1075
19:55:19 T:17756   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)Myth::WSResponse::WSResponse: bad request (404)

Which from a forum search seems to indicate I have missing channel icons and I'm assuming isn't causing me a major problem as the addon initially worked ok.

There are also a number of entries like the following

Code:
20:57:06 T:8800   ERROR: SQL: [Addons20.db] Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: insert
Code:
into package(id, addonID, filename, hash)values(NULL, 'metadata.common.fanart.tv', 'special://home/addons/packages/metadata.common.fanart.tv-3.1.4.zip', '848E0185D34600ECFD1D2C8240CA8683')
20:57:06 T:8800   ERROR: CDatabase::ExecuteQuery - failed to execute query
20:57:06 T:15916   ERROR: SQL: [Addons20.db] Abort due to constraint violation

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mythtv pvr plugin and clearing out data but either I'm not doing it right or something else is needed to get it working again.

Does anyone have any helpful hints on how I can fix this freeze (and ideally stop it happening again)?

I've also got a debug log but the forum is blocking adding sections of the log (lines with sql statements in them)

Thanks
Mark
Hi, the errors reported here are not blocking error. The addon said you some icons cannot be loaded from myth backend (probably missing).

Seems you have an issue loading metadata of recordings list. First try to check your network connection: Using wired link. Also it seems the kodi addon db has been broken by some devils living in your windows. You should uninstall kodi completly and re-install it, cleaning also your user data related with kodi (AppData\Roaming\Kodi ...).
Uninstalled on windows, checked that kodi data in AppData\Roaming was gone, re-installed and tried to reconnect to mythtv and still get PVR is waiting at 'Loading Recordings from clients'. Task manager shows IO reading and IO other occurring for a while then only IO other after that.
Network is wired.

I took a guess that something like the following is being called

http://10.230.124.80:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList

This returns an approximately 1.5MB xml and chrome showed it without any issues.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv plugin freezing on startup0