Linux Kodi changes the default sound device after reboot
hi,

last year i've installed kodibuntu (lubuntu 14.04 with kodi) and still updated the kernel (because of a hdmi error and kodi to 16.1). since a view weeks kodi sometikmes kodi changes the default audio device to hdmi, so that i hear the sound over the tvs speakers. i must change it back to spdif manually. sometimes it works, sometimes not. i can't get out whats the problem. is this a known problem or is there any way to prevent this change of the audio device?

bunter fisch
Make sure the devices are all present when kodi starts - if not kodi uses the fallback "default" device and this is "the first device in the enumeration list".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
can i check (in a log file or so) whether the device was present when i have this problem again?
Jep - turn on debug logging and reboot as often you need and post the log that shows the issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
what should be logged? i've enabled logging for everything (http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29)
When kodi changes the default device the old default device is gone on this boot - and this we want to see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi changes the default sound device after reboot0