Cheapest 4K box?
What's currently the best box I can get for less than $100?

I will only use it for Kodi, playing TV/blueray rips. Need 4K support. 3D, HDR, HD Audio not necessary.

Are there any boxes that supports 4K Netflix? If so I'm interested, if not I'll just play netflix from my phone.
did you happen to see this thread? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
Mi Box. Alternatively, Fire TV gen 2 (up to 4K@30).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Where can I buy Mi Box in Spain? It says $69 on the official web site, but I can't find it anywhere even close to that price... Is it supposed to be possible to buy it from their web site? It says nothing about purchase there...

Are there any different versions of Mi Box?
eBay or maybe here.
My Family Room Theater
Xiaomi Mi Box: (USA Spec = 2GB running Android TV OS 6.0 with DTS, Dolby Surround & Google Casting support)
  • No 1080p 3D - Half Resolution 3D only.
  • 4K Netflix with 5.1 DolbyDigital+ (unsure if it does Netflix HDR - may need an Android Nougat OS upgrade for that)
  • 4K Kodi & it may do HDR video output with Kodi (@wesk05 can confirm)
  • No HD Audio passthrough, 5.1 DTS Audio is also an issue in Kodi.
  • 720/1080p 10bit HEVC will have playback problems in Kodi. MX Player App no issues.
WeTek Hub:
  • Not a HDR capable device. No 1080p 3D either - Half Resolution 3D only.
  • When running Android Marshmallow test Firmware, you get 4K Netflix.
  • 4K Netflix with 5.1 DD+ (5.1 output only if connected to a HDMI AVR). No HDR.
  • 4K Kodi
  • 720/1080p 10 bit HEVC plays back with no issues on test MM Firmware with this SPMC (Kodi) combo.
  • You can dual boot easily into LibreELEC Kodi and that will playback virtually everything, with HD Audio support.
The nVIDIA Shield supports 4K HDR10 5.1 DD+ Netflix properly.

Compare Android Streaming Media Players HERE

@GeeZuZz,
Basically its impossible to have a device that does all you require on a Budget. You need to work out what the most important features are, that you actually need.

I would not be spending Big money on HDR10 for Kodi at the moment either. There is simply too much confusion surrounding it, especially with DolbyVision now in the Mix and limited HDR10 content available. You cannot Rip UltraHD HDR10 Blurays anyway. How many HDR10 test clips do you want to watch ?
Netflix would be the best source for 4K HDR10 & DolbyVision content.

Be very carefully if buying a HDR10 TV. UltraHD Premium certification and DolbyVision support is what you will need for the Future.

wrxtasy: Thanks for your reply. But I think you misunderstood my requirements (I was probably a little unclear, i highlighted the sentence now.). I did NOT need 3D, HDR or HD Audio Smile

It looks like Wi box may be the best solution, but it looks like there's a bunch of different versions, so i'm a little confused about which version to buy? Is there anything specific I should look for in the specifications, to be sure I get the latest/best version?
There is only one Mi Box w/official Google Android TV (the U.S. or International version). One I linked to above, or if you choose eBay, here's one or another.
My Family Room Theater
I just ordered Mi Box from their site for $69 and there was only one version (Mi Box - 4K Android TVTM set-top box - HDR video support - Bluetooth voice remote included).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheapest 4K box?0