Kodi in HD ?
I have 2 questions that need answered as my mate disagrees with me..................

Can you get Full HD on a cheap £30 Android box ?

Can you get Full HD on an Amazon Fire stick ?

Both advertise HD,but is it false.
Of course you can.
(2016-11-28, 13:53)jjd-uk Wrote: Of course you can.

I've never seen a HD football match on a cheap android box.
Kodi will gladly play HD (1080/H.264) content on most platforms, although 4k/HEVC is likely to cause issues on many things.

I can happily play OTA (e.g. Freeview and Freesat in the UK) HD programming on a nearly 10-year-old PC, whether it's football or anything else.

So, the subtext question here is more one around the sources you're trying to play, and how they're getting to your device, as that's far more likely to be the problem - whatever problem you have, of course.
(2016-11-28, 14:05)Tigerplank Wrote:

If you want to be able to reliably get content in HD then you'll have pay for it, as it sounds like it's the free shitty pirated live streams you've seen.

Sounds like you and your "mate" have been misinformed about what Kodi is:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=293115
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
@Dangelus : Can i copy this linked thread to kodinerds.net forum for our german community?
would be also helpful for us Smile
(2016-11-28, 17:24)skybird1980 Wrote: @Dangelus : Can i copy this linked thread to kodinerds.net forum for our german community?

It is a publicly available available thread so I don't see why not but you might want to contact @jjd-uk as a courtesy as the author of the thread.
i tryed but he blocked private messages *g*
(2016-11-28, 17:51)skybird1980 Wrote: i tryed but he blocked private messages *g*

I've let him know about your request, just hang fire for a bit. Smile
for sure, thank you very much Smile
(2016-11-28, 15:01)jjd-uk Wrote:

If you want to be able to reliably get content in HD then you'll have pay for it, as it sounds like it's the free shitty pirated live streams you've seen.

So you can't get HD on kodi unless you pay extras ?
(2016-11-28, 18:12)Tigerplank Wrote: So you can't get HD on kodi unless you pay extras ?

Kodi is a player. It plays HD perfectly well. It does not provide content, so you don't "get HD on Kodi" however hard you try - you play HD sources *through* Kodi, from one of (a) files such as DVD and BR rips, (b) a TV feed from a PVR backend, or (c ) IPTV streams. If you have dodgy HD 'reception', then blame your source.

What addon are you using to watch the games? That might help shed some light.
first the hardware has to support the video. second you have to provide the content. see kodi.tv/about first two paragrahs
(2016-11-28, 17:24)skybird1980 Wrote: @Dangelus : Can i copy this linked thread to kodinerds.net forum for our german community?

Sure I've no problem with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in HD ?0