v17 Shield TV: MPEG2-TS Video freezes and lip sync drifts
Now that the leaves are changing, some of my TV signals are occasionally weak such that there are some hiccups/blips in my recordings (ATSC, MPEG2-TS). When watching my recordings on the Shield TV, often when it gets to these blips, the video will freeze for several seconds while the audio will continue. The video will then start playing again several (~5) seconds later. Usually, when the video is frozen if I jump back a few seconds it will then play through the blip without freezing. I don't know if anything can be done about this or if the log will show what is going on but the log is below. Note that I played a few minutes of the same section of the Scorpion recording twice in a row. The first time it handled the blip OK right around the 17:00 mark in the recording but the second time it had this freezing behavior.

http://pastebin.com/dhv9mRgF

The second issue I'm having is with AC3 passthrough with some of my recordings (unrelated to the problem above). The "lip sync" will start off fine, but after a while it will tend to "drift" (lip sync is noticeably off). I have "Adjust refresh rate" and "Sync playback to display" disabled and both MediaCodec accerelations enabled. I'm not sure I can capture this in a log but I will try if necessary. Thanks.
Anyone else experiencing lip sync problems with MPEG2-TS AC3 passthrough (I don't notice any issues with my h264 MKVs with DTS)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield TV: MPEG2-TS Video freezes and lip sync drifts0