• 13(current)
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output
Ok, now I get it. Thanks.

Btw. I'm building my own build environment to be able to build my own hacked Krypton. I followed the README.android in Krypton branch, took 64bit Ubuntu 16.04, some 32bit libs on top of that as stated in readme, latest version of Android SDK, r12b NDK, but got stuck while building dependencies because of some gpg library errors, missing some gpg posix lock struct whatever (private version of the struct was there, but public was missing, anyway I am in the office so I don't have it in front of me at the moment).

Once I get it up and running, would you be willing to share the PCM hack with me so that I could integrate it into my build?

Edit: Btw it's a first build I'm trying on my i7-6700k with NVMe hard drive and it is shockingly fast even though it runs in VirtualBox. NVMe is a blast.
It's on my github since months (!) - just look in the shitty branch ... it's a two liner only, nothinc fancy at all. It's enough to go here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ and download the "shitty" build.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thumbs Up 
(2017-01-30, 15:57)fritsch Wrote: It's on my github since months (!) - just look in the shitty branch ... it's a two liner only, nothinc fancy at all. It's enough to go here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ and download the "shitty" build.

Wow, I had no idea you were building so many test builds in parallel! You always only shared a direct link to a particular build in this thread, but never link to this page. Or I missed it. In which case I apologise.
The not so shitty 31012017 is working with Dolby digital, setting 2 channel audio and AC3 transcoding on. Sony KD-65XD8505.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
That's basically the same as final - especially audio wise.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So I used the not so shitty build on my Sony TV, but had problems with HW acceleration in Live TV from Tvheadend. Switched to shitty build, but in both versions, there is problems with audio passthrough. Sometimes it is just noise in the speakers. Connected with HDMI ARC. Does someone know if it's more stable using SPDIF to AVR instead? And is the Marshmallow firmware better than Lollipop 5.1 on Sony TVs regarding these issues?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Don't use tvheadend is the first rule! And for video there is zero (!) 0 difference between notsoshitty and shitty ...
S/PDIF and ARC works the same. Marshmallow won't make it any better on Sony.
(2017-02-16, 21:42)fritsch Wrote: Don't use tvheadend is the first rule! And for video there is zero (!) 0 difference between notsoshitty and shitty ...
This is strange?! I'll try again then.
There is no alternative to Tvheadend as I know 😕

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
(2017-02-16, 21:45)CiNcH Wrote: S/PDIF and ARC works the same. Marshmallow won't make it any better on Sony.
Bad news Sad
So there is no working Android TVs on the market today, sadly. Maybe I return my crappy Sony and replace it with a sheep TV and a Xiaomi me box instead.
I think that today's TVs are so left behind from what people like me wants. I want a really good working Android TV with a good screen, not the other way around if you understand what I mean. The makers of TV only puts Energy on the screen part and less for the software. And they also put a lot of energy on inbuilt old-school TV-signal recivers for old coax-cables. Who are using this today?

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Set Passthrough to Off and use PCM 2.0 for testing.
(2016-12-12, 20:02)fritsch Wrote: Known. Why not using the internal player of your TV as kodi's videoplayer? Then you have a nice interface and additionally the vendor hacked funtionality?

@fritsch,
i wanted to test your suggestion but i am not sure how to do that. Can you please give me some hints?
I created a new thread with content of the playercorefactory.xml here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=308400
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
(2017-02-16, 22:06)fritsch Wrote: Set Passthrough to Off and use PCM 2.0 for testing.
Right, notsoshitty works fine with Video, and now also audio since marshmallow update.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
Do you have DTS passthrough using the shitty version, or is it still the transcoded ac3 thingy?
(2017-04-02, 21:18)Jinx1337 Wrote: Do you have DTS passthrough using the shitty version, or is it still the transcoded ac3 thingy?
Still transcoding, but works well. Not like Kodi 16.x were I had a lot of trouble.

Sent from my Nokia 3110i
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output1