• 2(current)
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output
I have no clue. I only did an in-depth review of the Sony.

But you can help me put some preassure on Sony...
(2016-12-05, 15:28)CiNcH Wrote: I have no clue. I only did an in-depth review of the Sony.

But you can help me put some preassure on Sony...

I think you saw my topics in the sony form:
https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/...-p/2259867
https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/...-p/2247665
https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/...-p/2262449
https://community.sony.de/t5/android-tv/...-p/2249901

I hope to fix the passthrough within this kodi forum. But the picture issue must be fixed by sony. If not, i will claim till i get a new TV with better performance from sony.
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Also Plex can not put out DTS and DD sound via optical out. Same using VLC and SPMC (AC3 ok, DTS nok).
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
I think your kodi audio setup is at fault . Kodi needs to see your audio device . SONY TV AUDIO DEVICE. UNDER AUDIO .
You need to make some changes to your audio control setup under kodi for it to work.Ive had this issue as well I had to keep tweaking till i finanly got ac3 working .
(2016-12-06, 01:00)Packard93 Wrote: You need to make some changes to your audio control setup under kodi for it to work.Ive had this issue as well I had to keep tweaking till i finanly got ac3 working .

I will make a picture of my audio settings. But the audio source is not changeable...
@Packard93

And which options would that be? Of course one has to enable Passthrough. Other default settings should be OK. I also only have the "android, audiotrack" audio device which should be the correct one though. Are you talking about Jarvis or Krypton?

Judging from your previous posts on this forum, you are using a PC? I assume your "suggestion" is totally unrelated.

According to the log mpiet's options are fine as Kodi tries to do bitstreaming but fails most likely due to bad MediaTek drivers.
Yeah - don't be confused .... he uses a PC with HDMI out that sees that Sony when handshaking. Totally irrelevant information in this thread.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tested the release from fritsch and it is working. But now DTS audio is also transcoded to DD AC3. Is there a way to keep DTS without transcoding?
Will you workaround be released in final build?

Here is new debug:
Link
Quote:Is there a way to keep DTS without transcoding?
There is currently no way to output DTS via the standard Android AudioTrack API on the Sony, which is being used by Krypton, as it is broken in Sony/MediaTek drivers.

For me the PCM hack used by Jarvis and SPMC's IEC output method works for everything, which for some reason also does not work for you.

Quote:Will you workaround be released in final build?
From what I read, transcode quality won't be reduced to 384kbps in the official Kodi, neither will there be a setting. A setting has been added to SPMC lately which has not yet been released though. As soon as it is, you should get the same behaviour when setting Passthrough method to RAW and AC3 transcoding to a low quality setting.

Everything discussed here is no real solution though. It is just working around Sony/MediaTek bugs. We have to put preassure on them, like @fritsch pointed out here. Writing mails to their support and on communities won't change anything. So help me spread the word in the media.
Will there be a difference when i will use the HDMI ARC as audio output instead of the optical out? Or will i have the same issue?
Quote: Will there be a difference when i will use the HDMI ARC as audio output instead of the optical out? Or will i have the same issue?
Exactly the same.
FYI, DVD standard 448kbps AC3 is properly being bitstreamed on Sony. Only 640kbps AC3 fails... and DTS...
There is a new SPMC release with new feature:

16.5.1 (2016/12/08):
-ADD: Limit AC3 encoder to 384kb/s with Quality < High

Question:
Is this workaround-fix to my bad sony firmware? I understand, that this fix should do transcoding of AC3 to 384kb/s as the special release from frtisch?

I tested the release, dts is working great, but ac3 not. AVR shows DD 3/2 but without any audio.
Maybe i did not activate the transcoding correct. Can somebody please check my debug?

Link
I suppose Passthrough is set to IEC. You should set it to RAW in your case. You probably have to enable Expert mode in settings in order to see the Passthrough methods.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony AndroidTV KD-55XD8005 no DolbyDigital AC3 output1