VOYO VMac - Apollo Lake and Windows 10
(2016-12-29, 17:18)dukester Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 16:51)Temujin Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 08:31)gotiuser01 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWX0MTo7WA

I love Lon! Was just about to post the same video.
That's a really cool looking box, I like the dual hdds, but I have a few concerns:
  1. Zero support from Voyo
  2. No Wifi or Bluetooth? Review says no wifi, a few websites say it does...
  3. Only HDMI 1.4? Website says 4k, can't see it listed if 1.4 or newer 2
  4. Single channel ram
I like that it comes pre-loaded with legit Win10, and has 4gb ram, but for the money, I would have expected wifi & BT and some after purchase support
I should get one in the mail today or tomorrow, its interesting how that review says hd audio is working via Windows, I picked it up to use as a desktop for the kids but will probably give it a go as a 3D enabled HD audio htpc, pity no hdmi 2.0 for 60hz and no vp9.2 for YouTube hdr

Hey that'[s great, I'm pretty curious to see about wifi, and the HDMI...the ads all say 4K, my assumption was that needed the newer HDMi, but maybe I'm mistaken. (30hz vs 60 hz?)
Overall, the benchmarks were very good and I like that it comes with the dual HDDs and windows, and that HD audio is working, so I'm really curious to see your comments after you get it up and running.
(2016-12-29, 17:53)Temujin Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 17:18)dukester Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 16:51)Temujin Wrote: I love Lon! Was just about to post the same video.
That's a really cool looking box, I like the dual hdds, but I have a few concerns:
  1. Zero support from Voyo
  2. No Wifi or Bluetooth? Review says no wifi, a few websites say it does...
  3. Only HDMI 1.4? Website says 4k, can't see it listed if 1.4 or newer 2
  4. Single channel ram
I like that it comes pre-loaded with legit Win10, and has 4gb ram, but for the money, I would have expected wifi & BT and some after purchase support
I should get one in the mail today or tomorrow, its interesting how that review says hd audio is working via Windows, I picked it up to use as a desktop for the kids but will probably give it a go as a 3D enabled HD audio htpc, pity no hdmi 2.0 for 60hz and no vp9.2 for YouTube hdr

Hey that'[s great, I'm pretty curious to see about wifi, and the HDMI...the ads all say 4K, my assumption was that needed the newer HDMi, but maybe I'm mistaken. (30hz vs 60 hz?)
Overall, the benchmarks were very good and I like that it comes with the dual HDDs and windows, and that HD audio is working, so I'm really curious to see your comments after you get it up and running.

Find specs here:
http://en.myvoyo.com/chanpin/601.shtml
If anybody is interested, you can use this $52 coupon at Geekbuying: VOYOV152

Price drops from $269 to $217 for the Intel Apollo Lake Pentium N4200 version.
(2017-01-16, 22:18)carolea Wrote: If anybody is interested, you can use this $52 coupon at Geekbuying: VOYOV152

Price drops from $269 to $217 for the Intel Apollo Lake Pentium N4200 version.

Thanks, I was looking for that code from the Freaktab link and could not find it.
i can confirm all HD Audio formats are working in Windows 10, should support 4K netflix in Edge browser too, This is a decent little device except it has an internal fan, for me my equipment is in a separate room so i cant hear it but if you wanted to strap this behind a TV as an HTPC i think its a bad idea, the fan is loud compared to how i pictured it. High bitrate 4K 10 bit content plays buttery smooth with little CPU usage. if anyone needs anything confirmed or tested just let me know.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Can this box run pro version of windows aka can os on this box be installed like on normal pc go to bios select usb drive with installation media and run it?
(2017-01-19, 16:14)dukester Wrote: i can confirm all HD Audio formats are working in Windows 10, should support 4K netflix in Edge browser too, This is a decent little device except it has an internal fan, for me my equipment is in a separate room so i cant hear it but if you wanted to strap this behind a TV as an HTPC i think its a bad idea, the fan is loud compared to how i pictured it. High bitrate 4K 10 bit content plays buttery smooth with little CPU usage. if anyone needs anything confirmed or tested just let me know.

Re: Netflix 4K output. Has it been confirmed it has HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2? Although you can output 4K at up to 30p on HDMI 1.4 - AIUI most devices only add HDCP 2.2 if they have HDMI 2.0 outputs. I think Netflix mandate HDCP 2.2 for UHD playback?

If this device doesn't have a DP 1.2-> HDMI 2.0 on-board converter (which is how Apollo lake does HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 I believe), this could be an issue for Amazon, Netflix etc. 4K output.
(2017-01-29, 12:36)noggin Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 16:14)dukester Wrote: i can confirm all HD Audio formats are working in Windows 10, should support 4K netflix in Edge browser too, This is a decent little device except it has an internal fan, for me my equipment is in a separate room so i cant hear it but if you wanted to strap this behind a TV as an HTPC i think its a bad idea, the fan is loud compared to how i pictured it. High bitrate 4K 10 bit content plays buttery smooth with little CPU usage. if anyone needs anything confirmed or tested just let me know.

Re: Netflix 4K output. Has it been confirmed it has HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2? Although you can output 4K at up to 30p on HDMI 1.4 - AIUI most devices only add HDCP 2.2 if they have HDMI 2.0 outputs. I think Netflix mandate HDCP 2.2 for UHD playback?

If this device doesn't have a DP 1.2-> HDMI 2.0 on-board converter (which is how Apollo lake does HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 I believe), this could be an issue for Amazon, Netflix etc. 4K output.

Yes sorry, no uhd Netflix like u said, confirmed hdmi 1.4 only.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini

Have you tested HD Audio passthrough? DTS-HD works fine?
Wifi confirmed, but no bluetooth, correct?
damn better GPU then my Intel Apollo Lake NUC.
HD 505 instead of 500.
Wont make much difference in MadVR I guess, I would need a i3 with HD 510 to get a good improvement over HD 500.
(2017-02-01, 16:02)Temujin Wrote:
Wifi confirmed, but no bluetooth, correct?

no wifi, it ships with a wifi usb dongle..

HD audio works good, including dts-hd
(2017-02-01, 16:37)dukester Wrote: HD audio works good, including dts-hd

But, are you sure, that HDMI audio passthrought works for DTS-HD?
I have found this test: http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/01/30/v...indows-10/
And they say, that only 5.1 signal (DD AND DTS) works....
(2017-02-01, 16:56)AilO Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 16:37)dukester Wrote: HD audio works good, including dts-hd

But, are you sure, that HDMI audio passthrought works for DTS-HD?
I have found this test: http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/01/30/v...indows-10/
And they say, that only 5.1 signal (DD AND DTS) works....

im sure, but ill double check again for u, give me a few minutes
(2017-02-01, 16:57)dukester Wrote: im sure, but ill double check again for u, give me a few minutes
How about youyr second test ? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VOYO VMac - Apollo Lake and Windows 100