How to play just one .WAV file at startup via script?
Rainbow 
I'm new to the forums but I've been using XBMC for about a year now, to the extent where I'm confident about changing scripts to extend the functionality. Only last week I spent some time opening up the Font.xml from the PM3.HD skin to increase the font sizes so it's more clearly visable in standard definition.

Now I understand that there is a Python script able to trigger a playlist at startup, which is a great idea! I have a folder full of amusing sound effects and punchlines from some of my favourite shows on the HDD in .WAV format (most of them are American Dad! ones at the moment) and would like to have one randomly triggered every time XBMC boots up, rather than just have the same sound each time.

I'm guessing this might have come up before, so if someone could point me towards the thread that tells you where to get the script and which parameters to change within it that'll be outstanding. Also, just as a side note, is it possible to have a random splash screen each time too? I was thinking of using some .JPG fanart with the XBMC logo overlaid as a nice way to get started.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play just one .WAV file at startup via script?0