v17 Apple TV 4 - What is the best way to back up add-ons and settings
Question 
Hi guys,

I managed to install Kodi 17.0-Beta3 (10.10.2016) on Apple TV4 with tvOS 10.0.1.

But what is the best way to Backup my add-ons and settings from Apple TV4?

I searched the forum and someone was suggesting:
Quote:Use the the Xcode container backup / restore

But is there any tutorial how to do that?

Is there any other way?
Can I use Kodi's Backup add-on to create backups?

Thanks for your help
I wouldn't mention add-on's here mate its VERY frowned upon.
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
But my question doesn't have much to do with add-ons.
I'm just looking for a way to back up my Kodi.

Any help?
Even the mention of add-ons could get your post closed. There should be YouTube videos on how to back up your Kodi SETTINGS and changes you make. I'm not verifying to add-ons just your settings by the way
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
(2016-11-30, 22:13)atv4 Wrote: I wouldn't mention add-on's here mate its VERY frowned upon.

Add-ons are fine to talk about but there is a list of banned add-ons (wiki) that exist solely to distribute copyrighted content that is not authorized by the copyright holders that we do not allow any discussion of.

Do note, this list is only an example, and does not include all add-ons or services that violate the forum rules (wiki).

The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds.

If the Add-on simply allows access to web feeds from the rights holders then discussion of these is normally allowed, in this case there generally will be a website equivalent of the service, for example Youtube, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, South Park Studios.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-11-30, 16:45)bigtail Wrote: Hi guys,

I managed to install Kodi 17.0-Beta3 (10.10.2016) on Apple TV4 with tvOS 10.0.1.

But what is the best way to Backup my add-ons and settings from Apple TV4?

I searched the forum and someone was suggesting:
Quote:Use the the Xcode container backup / restore

But is there any tutorial how to do that?

Is there any other way?
Can I use Kodi's Backup add-on to create backups?

Thanks for your help
1.Go to Window > Devices > Select your device .

Now select the app for which you want to download app data
At bottom there are three buttons click Settings icon and select Download Container

To restore just replace the container with the data you copied

The restore is all or nothing though

This will copy everything from the app including some stuff that the backup add-on may miss

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25937...in-xcode-6
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Thanks
I'm trying to use this backup/restore method but the container appears to be empty and restoring it just wipes all of my settings. Can anyone confirm this to be working with tvOS 10.1 and the Kodi Beta7 release?
Hi,

The Download and Restore option in Xcode was working perfectly until about 2 months ago, but since then when I try to download the container, the download stops with the Error message:

Xcode has encountered an unexpected error (0xC011)

File exists, at ‘/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-11753/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKApplication.m:1509’

Does any one else has this error?
Does any one know how to fix it?

Thanks
How do i "restore" this container on to a different AppleTV4? In devices when i select the new AppleTV and click +, i am unable to select the xcappdata file.

Thanks

Nevermind: I got it. Needed to do a fresh install on the new ATV4 and then do the reverse of the above procedure to select the xcappdata file and restore the container on the new ATV.
(2017-03-19, 10:57)kayut Wrote: Hi,

The Download and Restore option in Xcode was working perfectly until about 2 months ago, but since then when I try to download the container, the download stops with the Error message:

Xcode has encountered an unexpected error (0xC011)

File exists, at ‘/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTiOSFrameworks/DVTiOSFrameworks-11753/DTDeviceKitBase/DTDKApplication.m:1509’

Does any one else has this error?
Does any one know how to fix it?

Thanks
 Hi,
Have you found any fix for your error (0xC011)?
I have XCode 9.2 but still cannot download all my settings, saved favorites and addons.
Please post your findings.

Thanks,
JR
Backup using Xcode containers works as expected on tvOS 16.4 and Kodi 20.1. Please see my detailed reply here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325377

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 - What is the best way to back up add-ons and settings0