Movie thumbnail upload gripes
I wasn't sure to make this a Feature Suggestion or a Bug report, but here goes:

I have 50 or so poster images that I've downloaded for movies where the imdb graphic doesn't look good, and I've been going through the database to update the thumbnails.

The dialog window for this Thumb update (done via the Movie information screen) contains 4 selections:
  • Imdb thumb
  • Current thumb
  • No thumb
  • Browse ->

From browse, I am taken to a file selection dialog where my samba share is the only option available, and I can not add new sources.

Initially I had uploaded all my posters to F:\Posters\ on my xbox, but instead I had to move them back to the samba share in order to get them added.

Feature request: Please allow for added sources to be added to this section.
It currently lists your video sources or your pictures sources - can't remember which.

We should really have a unified source list for these type of situations
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah... that does make sense, sort of. I did try adding extra sources in the file manager but it didn't occur to me to try in the different sections as well.

Thanks !
One thing I remember from mucking about in this a while ago.
When you browsed for a thumb for a file stored locally and went back in the directory tree, you would end up in the XBOX root where you started.

On the other hand if you browse for an icon for a file stored on a SMB share, and then browsed back you would end up in a limbo (a directory with nowhere to go) i.e. you would never be able to reach your Xbox root again.
(Confirmed just now with SVN 8943)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie thumbnail upload gripes0