v17 Container content is discarded at switching to full screen play
(2017-01-22, 12:12)DaveBlake Wrote: The PR to fix this regression has been merged, that means it will be in v17 RC4

thx Dave
Hi again,

even if in the announcement of RC4 https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-0-krypton-release-candidate-4/ stating that:

"Revert changes that disabled plugin listing cache that which caused reduced browsing speed"

I'm still have this issue on every addons; tried clean install of LibreElec and OSMC yesterday on their up-to-date versions based on RC4 for RPI3, but moving back and forward on the addons is still slow and not cached; the perception is that the system is painfully slow.

Steps to reproduce:

1, Install Youtube addon
2. Go in the section "Popular right now"
3. Go next page for a couple of pages
4. Going back (the system seems that re-query the previous page instead to have it in cache)

To me is really hard to have a pleasure on this behavior.

Do someone else have this issue?

***Update

Applying this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2516038 it is far better, but the issue is still present however when a video is terminating from an addon (youtube in my test), the system still thinking a while instead to give immediately the last menu when the video was selected.

Tx,
Den
(2017-02-04, 10:45)dentaku65 Wrote: Hi again,

even if in the announcement of RC4 https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-0-krypton-release-candidate-4/ stating that:

"Revert changes that disabled plugin listing cache that which caused reduced browsing speed"

I'm still have this issue on every addons; tried clean install of LibreElec and OSMC yesterday on their up-to-date versions based on RC4 for RPI3, but moving back and forward on the addons is still slow and not cached; the perception is that the system is painfully slow.

Steps to reproduce:

1, Install Youtube addon
2. Go in the section "Popular right now"
3. Go next page for a couple of pages
4. Going back (the system seems that re-query the previous page instead to have it in cache)

To me is really hard to have a pleasure on this behavior.

Do someone else have this issue?

***Update

Applying this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2516038 it is far better, but the issue is still present however when a video is terminating from an addon (youtube in my test), the system still thinking a while instead to give immediately the last menu when the video was selected.

Tx,
Den

Hi,

I can confirm that simply upgrading to Krypton RC4 dose not improve the behavior. After creating .kodi/temp/archive_cache folder and restarting Kodi, the problem described in initial post is completely solved. I am very happy with this! BTW thanks dentaku for digging the information about the missing folder.

On the other hand browsing among the addon folders is not fast. Leaving then entering to the same subfolder triggers repeated.query. I cannot recall if this was faster or not in Kodi v16.
@dentaku65,

You can open a new ticket if you are not satisfied with the result. See the discussion here for more details.
Quote:but the issue is still present however when a video is terminating from an addon (youtube in my test), the system still thinking a while instead to give immediately the last menu when the video was selected.
@dentaku65 unfortunately some of the cache change rework didn't get merged until v17.0, (or maybe it will be 17.1RC, I lost track). I am not clear what version you are running. You may just need to get to 17.1 to be sure.

Quote:On the other hand browsing among the addon folders is not fast. Leaving then entering to the same subfolder triggers repeated.query. I cannot recall if this was faster or not in Kodi v16.
If there is a speed difference between v16 and v17.0, and you are not sure @sakos, it may not be down to caching. You report that the original problem is solved (once you add archive_cache folder manually), which makes me think that any remaining slowness it isn't about cache.
(2017-02-05, 15:32)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:On the other hand browsing among the addon folders is not fast. Leaving then entering to the same subfolder triggers repeated.query. I cannot recall if this was faster or not in Kodi v16.
If there is a speed difference between v16 and v17.0, and you are not sure @sakos, it may not be down to caching. You report that the original problem is solved (once you add archive_cache folder manually), which makes me think that any remaining slowness it isn't about cache.
@DaveBlake, I am pretty sure it is definitely a caching issue. (I mean exiting then immediately re-entering to a folder). However I have no clue if there is any difference between v16 and v17 furthermore this behavior does not really bother me. I just mentioned as a response to dentaku's question.
I am really satisfied with the solution. It has highly improved the usability of my RPi system.
(2017-02-06, 09:09)sakos Wrote: @DaveBlake, I am pretty sure it is definitely a caching issue. (I mean exiting then immediately re-entering to a folder). However I have no clue if there is any difference between v16 and v17 furthermore this behavior does not really bother me. I just mentioned as a response to dentaku's question.
I am really satisfied with the solution. It has highly improved the usability of my RPi system.
When exiting and re-entering a folder the caching behaviour on the version you are using is the same as v16.

However we do have a report of addon lists being slower to populate than in v16 see http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17304 . We are not sure what this is about, but the team are on it.
(2017-02-06, 10:05)DaveBlake Wrote: When exiting and re-entering a folder the caching behaviour on the version you are using is the same as v16.

However we do have a report of addon lists being slower to populate than in v16 see http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17304 . We are not sure what this is about, but the team are on it.
Interesting issue.
What a pity, I cannot enjoy this fix because audio DSP has been sreewed up meanwhile. Have to go back to old Kodi Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container content is discarded at switching to full screen play0