v16 MySQL Connector/Python unavailable
I'm currently creating a private addon for use with our company that requires MySQL database management. The MySQL Connector addon is unavailable in the official Kodi repository and when I manually install it into the Kodi folder it does not show up as an addon and the __init__.py files are all completely blank.
I'm currently creating a private addon for use with our company that requires MySQL database management. The MySQL Connector addon is unavailable in the official Kodi repository and when I manually install it into the Kodi folder it does not show up as an addon and the __init__.py files are all completely blank.
it's available in our repo for sure ;-)

it's not possible to manually install script modules through the repo though,
you need to depend on it in the addon.xml file of your addon.
it will then be auto-installed when someone installs your addon.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The connector IS available in the official repo. You have to include it as a dependency of your add-on. When your add-on is installed, it will get pulled in and installed automatically.

This is part of the 'addon.xml' file for Video Database Cleaner, which installs it as a dependency.

PHP Code:
<addon id="script.database.cleaner"

name="Video Database Cleaner"

version="0.5.7-1"

provider-name="black_eagle, BatterPudding.">
  <
requires>
    <
import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    <
import addon="script.module.myconnpy" version="1.1.7"/>
  </
requires>
  <
extension point="xbmc.python.script"

library="default.py" />
  <
extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <
platform>all</platform
Learning Linux the hard way !!
threads merged & moved.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks guys. I'm not sure how I managed to miss that in all my struggles. Whoops.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Connector/Python unavailable0