• 49(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-01-30, 22:38)popcornmix Wrote: And #0x0128 was okay? I don't see much that has changed in #0129 to explain this. @Milhouse any guesses?

Looks to be crashing in a SQLite query. There were some pvr changes in #0129 but nothing stands out. My guess is this isn't an entirely new issue, so may have started a few builds back - need to identify the first build with this issue. Fortunately it looks like it happens often so shouldn't take too long to identify the first build with this issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-01-30, 22:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 22:10)linkinsoldier Wrote: About the Konami code: where should I try to enter it? It always gets me the TV addon (pvr), but nothing about a game option [emoji6]

Sorry, I mis-remembered the code - it's up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A (not A, B).

Enter it anywhere - the home menu is fine, or the Settings page (there should be a new "Games" Home menu and also Settings page, once it is activated).

Use a keyboard.
It works perfect, thank you very much! Now that I got the section, I could create the folders and start everything. I will write a short how-to in the next days (including connecting ps3 controller If you like. Thank you very much for your work, I wouldn't have dreamed it is already working so great!
(2017-01-30, 22:38)popcornmix Wrote: And #0x0128 was okay? I don't see much that has changed in #0129 to explain this. @Milhouse any guesses?

PR11536 looks the likeliest suspect - added in build #0125. The crash is happening in PVR::CPVRSearchAndSetChannelIcons:Big GrinoWork which is added by PR11536.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Tonight's build will support a way of enabling firmware hdmi/cec logging. If you are having problems then (with tonight's build) add to config.txt:
Code:
logging_level=0x200000

Reboot and confirm CEC remote works and then grab the log:
Code:
vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit

Then do whatever it that provokes unwanted behaviour (e.g. TV powers on unwantedly) and grab another log.

Do the same with this firmware which has cleanup 13 reverted (and so should be good):
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-6zmEDJ...t=download

Hopefully the hdmi/cec guy will spot the problem.
(2017-01-30, 22:48)Milhouse Wrote:

PR11536 looks the likeliest suspect - added in build #0125. The crash is happening in PVR::CPVRSearchAndSetChannelIcons:Big GrinoWork which is added by PR11536.

Here is crashlog of #0125 build, I had not seen before.

http://pastebin.com/zMEb4aPG
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0130: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.9.6 #1 Mon Jan 30 21:53:17 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jan 30 2017 20:49:19
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 63d0bd43d727f6a289e4dca48e66b66cd2c4ae3e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170130215215-#0130-g986a2c5 [Build #0130]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:1f12c2f). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (986a2c5d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b6d4856b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware (hdmi/cec logging)
  2. New 4.9.6 kernel
  3. Alternative add-on cache fix
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Jan 30):
    • firmware: hdmi: Add way of forcing logging for hdmi and cec from boot
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • RBP: update to firmware debe2d2 (PR:1210, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • imx6: update libcec patches, add it also for 3.14 kernel (PR:1248, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • [lang] update skin path of estuary in language key usage docs (PR:11580, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [resource.language.en_gb] fix order of strings after 1e86311 (PR:11574, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Make valgrind happier (PR:11581, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  4. pvr.hts:
    • HTSP v26 support (PR:257, 6 commits, 7 files changed)
  5. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • FIX: [list;cache] Don't clear cache if returning (897a6584)
  6. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1242: scripts/unpack: use relative path for showing a patch file
    • Added: [env] PR:1247: media_build: fix TT-S2-3600
    • Added: [env] PR:1250: linux: update to linux-4.9.6
Weekly Linux 4.10-rc6 build #0130x: RPi / RPi2

Same as #0130, but without media_build extensions (not compatible with this kernel).
(2017-01-31, 00:44)Milhouse Wrote: ....
[*]FIX: [list;cache] Don't clear cache if returning (897a6584)

I can't tell for sure if plugin caching is working with this commit or not. What I can tell is I experience no more relaoding of a directory listing after stopping playback. To be honest that's enough for me. I hope this commit will get merged upstream.
(2017-01-30, 23:35)popcornmix Wrote: Tonight's build will support a way of enabling firmware hdmi/cec logging. If you are having problems then (with tonight's build) add to config.txt:
Code:
logging_level=0x200000

Reboot and confirm CEC remote works and then grab the log:
Code:
vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit

Then do whatever it that provokes unwanted behaviour (e.g. TV powers on unwantedly) and grab another log.

cec is working http://sprunge.us/eAhb
cec is down http://sprunge.us/ZZPa
"cleanup 13" didn't tried
(2017-01-30, 22:28)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-01-30, 22:07)polo_joe Wrote: After some testing that didn't help unfortunately.

Can you report the numbers you tried? Any small differences in behaviour?

I only tried your suggested setting, but how could this setting help with 720p50 tv channels?
I also have disconitnuities when watching these channels and I also have discontinuities when
tv is off and tvh is recording in the background.

I will try a 4.10 build, maybe this could help.
(2017-01-31, 10:33)polo_joe Wrote: I only tried your suggested setting, but how could this setting help with 720p50 tv channels?
I also have disconitnuities when watching these channels and I also have discontinuities when
tv is off and tvh is recording in the background.

I thought you reported the problem occurred with advanced deinterlace enabled and not with bob deinterlace (and presumably interlace disabled).
If that is the case then the v3d_limiter should help.
However if the problem occurs without advanced deinterlace being enabled, or when you are not playing video then the setting can't help.
(2017-01-30, 23:35)popcornmix Wrote: Reboot and confirm CEC remote works[...]

Then do whatever it that provokes unwanted behaviour[...]

I think that won't work (well) for me, because my problem is as follows:
After fresh install of #0130 (or #0129 ... last working for me was #0112 but I didn't update between #0112 #0129) I don't have working CEC after installation. I always have to manually tell my TV (Samsung Smart TV) to use kodi as CEC source. Then my TV remote is working until I power off my TV. After powering on there is no way to get CEC working again for me (neither via libreelec itself nor does "kodi" any longer show up on the TV's list of CEC sources) and I will need to reboot libreelec again. Then again I will have the option to choose "kodi" as CEC source via TV's menu and it will work again. I don't have any power saving options set in libreelec, so libreelec won't go into standby mode or something similiar. It's just turn off TV, turn on again, CEC connection permanently lost.

So from my understanding a "fresh" log immediately after fresh install or reboot won't help in my case, because I always have to manually set kodi as CEC source to get it working...?

With the elder builds (#0112 was the last one which I personally used) CEC connectivity was working from beginning and I didn't have to manually tell my TV to use kodi as CEC source.

I hope this description might help anyhow...
(2017-01-31, 14:58)MMXT Wrote: So from my understanding a "fresh" log immediately after fresh install or reboot won't help in my case, because I always have to manually set kodi as CEC source to get it working...?

With the elder builds (#0112 was the last one which I personally used) CEC connectivity was working from beginning and I didn't have to manually tell my TV to use kodi as CEC source.

That sounds fine. Just capture the log after booting and pressing a CEC button with both the latest build (which presumably won't work) and with the latest build plus my test firmware with cleanup 13 reverted (which should work).
with cleanup 13 http://sprunge.us/VeCD
Works fine, but need more time for testing.
The connection is the same as in the previous post by MMXT. I must choose a source of cec by remote before using. But it was since beginning of using with Rpi 2 years ago. I thought this is a feature of this TV Big Grin. Now I doubt. I have 2 TVs more, where cec works immediately. But I don't use RPi there.
@popcornmix:
firmware_revert13 doesn't fix the problem for me.

log from #0130 (CEC NOT working): http://sprunge.us/MQhB

log from #0130 with firmware_revert13 (CEC NOT working): http://sprunge.us/LdEb

Difference between #0130 with altered firmware / without altered firmware is: with your altered firmware "kodi" doesn't show up in my TV's CEC sources, even after a reboot. Instead I have an item called "Recorder 3" showing up (which I cannot select and which never before has been there, I only have my AVR and rpi3 connected to my TV)

So I installed #0112 again (without manually reverting config.txt (that "logging_level=0x200000" line) and / or the overwritten bootcode.bin etc from your firmware_revert13.zip, if that somehow matters) , and CEC is working again for me. I ONCE had to select "kodi" as CEC source right after fresh install, then no matter if I turn the TV off or not, CEC stays okay for me. <-so might be, I ever had to select "kodi" ONCE as @MONSTA wrote, I am not sure about that.

log from working #0112: http://sprunge.us/iCfN (though there seem to be a lot of "error code -1", but it's definately working for me, I turned off and on TV almost 10 times while writing and no more CEC issues for me...)
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24