• 108(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Ok. This makes for me a little bit sense. What we using since a few builds is the chorus webserver to update the library. Never had that Problem before. Maybe thats a reason. I disable the webfronted for now in the next few builds and tell my wife that she have to use the ipad or the remote to update the library.

I will test all builds from 0410 to 0419 over the weekend to make it more precise since when the problem startet.

edit:

ok just checked. this happens only after a library update via chorus
(2017-04-28, 14:11)mm00 Wrote: Milhouse, could you create a patched testbuild without this commit? https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/co...7d91f0f573

It might cause LG tvs strange behaviour in this topic: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/307

Try test build #0427l: RPi2

Same as #0427 but with PR:256 reverted.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-28, 18:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-04-28, 18:50)ramis52 Wrote: +1 same problem here. this happens since #0419

Did you test with last night's build? That reverted the commit that introduced the crash.

For me the issue is solved. I don't get a crash on playback. I could see it happens way back untill 420. 419 worked ok.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0428: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.10.13 #1 Fri Apr 28 21:38:35 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2017 17:27:25
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 17af5814bb19dbb7c70ccd2c845b80a160943811 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170428213652-#0428-ga01c088 [Build #0428]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:91a9066). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a01c0887, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5e12c614, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. AESinkAUDIOTRACK: Refactor and separate PCM and Passthrough Enumeration
  2. busybox: enabling CONFIG_FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • busybox: enabling CONFIG_FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION in busybox-targe… (PR:1572, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • guilib: only update container after condition changed (PR:12016, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • AESinkAUDIOTRACK: Refactor and separate PCM and Passthrough Enumeration (PR:11997, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! renderer: Allow gui updates to be skipped when playing video (7144faef)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • guilib: only update container if after condition changed (5d9a1f94)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1571: createlog: bring sanity to kodi log order
    • Added: [pkg] PR:65: update language from transifex (service.libreelec.settings)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-27, 14:10)asavah Wrote:
(2017-04-27, 09:46)skylarking Wrote: To see native functions removed and migrated to an add-ons seems OK on the surface.
And if the end result is a cleaner code base that supports aded features, it can only be a good thing.
However, when there seems to be a waning desire for the coders to actually keep the functionality that made Kodi what it is, it becomes a little concerning as to what lovers of Kodi will end up with.

And yes, 'waning desire' is speculation on my part as 'i know nothing' about how the team coordinates the tasks at hand, nor the people involved.
I know it's open source and all, but i'd have thought as part of a cleanup and add-on migration activities, the coders actually removing stuff would have at least migrated the functionality into an add-on and verified that the functionality they moved still works.

It just seems odd to me that code and thus functionality can be so easily removed, a wild west of coding as such with an obvious end result of a loss of functionality.

@millhouse, i don't believe it's an issue of your making and do appreciate your efforts in providing these edgy LE PRi builds.
If your not too busy, maybe you can enlighten me as to why this is happening and what features we may fall from the table?

You should be aware that these excellent @Milhouse's builds are bleeding edge, and are based on current master code, which may contain bugs and regressions, that's why these builds exist - to help the devs hunt the bugs long before new code hits the rest of the users who use release versions.
Eventually new binary addons replacing built-in functionality will be fixed. AFAIK there is huge rework of addon related code incoming, so it may be inefficient to spend developer time now to fix/improve this stuff. We'll have to wait.

If you want stable non-breaking functionality - use releases, but if you want to help Kodi become better and better by testing 0day stuff you may have to suffer a breakage or two from time to time Tongue
Thanks for your comments.
Guess i was just a little confused at the process of core feature migration to add-ons, particlularly the split between those involved as it seemed a little loose from what i read earlier.
Maybe that's just how open source developement is - a little loose at times Tongue

Anyway, I do appreciation @Millhouse's efforts on these builds Nod

Hopefully i can provide some feedback but i first need to improve my processes to keep up with the latest builds.
As is, i'm already behind the game as i'm on #0426 which i updated a just a couple of days ago Blush
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2017-04-28, 19:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-28, 14:11)mm00 Wrote: Milhouse, could you create a patched testbuild without this commit? https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/co...7d91f0f573

It might cause LG tvs strange behaviour in this topic: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/issues/307

Try test build #0427l: RPi2

Same as #0427 but with PR:256 reverted.

Thank you! I will try it tomorrow and inform you with the result. Smile
Hi,

Since updating to the latest version (I haven't updated for a while) I now have a strange "%H" showing in my windows network. I fixed my samba.conf as advised, but it is still there, but not accessible.

Does anyone else see this?

Thanks,

Mark
(2017-04-28, 10:41)popcornmix Wrote: The patch that fixed the audio crackles for most users was PR12002.
Should this patch be backported to Krypton then?
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
(2017-04-29, 13:04)mcelliott Wrote: Hi,

Since updating to the latest version (I haven't updated for a while) I now have a strange "%H" showing in my windows network. I fixed my samba.conf as advised, but it is still there, but not accessible.

Thanks,

Mark
How did you "fix" your samba.conf, can you post it? You should rebase your changes on the latest samba.conf.sample.
(2017-04-29, 20:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-29, 13:04)mcelliott Wrote: Hi,

Thanks,

Mark
How did you "fix" your samba.conf, can you post it? You should rebase your changes on the latest samba.conf.sample.

Yeah, that's what I did - copied the latest samba.conf across and changed the workgroup.

The problem seems to have sorted itself. Not sure what changed, as I rebooted several times before posting.

Thanks anyway.

Mark
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0429: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.10.13 #1 Sat Apr 29 21:03:59 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2017 17:27:25
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 17af5814bb19dbb7c70ccd2c845b80a160943811 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170429210253-#0429-ga01c088 [Build #0429]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:91a9066). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a01c0887, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0b2386d0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: pvr.mythtv temporarily dropped, as it not longer builds against latest Kodi master
  2. vfs.sftp/vfs.sacd add-ons dropped from build
  3. PVR API bumped to 5.2.2
  4. Update b43 firmware (wlan-firmware)
  5. rbp: Remove GUI layer during video playback when it is empty (reduces sdram bandwidth, helps hevc playback) (edit: not actually working as expected, fixed in tomorrows build)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [addons] remove not needed part and add new version check way (PR:12011, 3 commits, 18 files changed)
    • [pvr] remove libXBMC_codec.h and add to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:12028, 1 commit, 19 files changed)
    • [buildsteps][windows] adapt run-tests to cmake (PR:12025, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [buildsteps][windows] refactor to add x64 easily (PR:12031, 10 commits, 32 files changed)
  2. inputstream.rtmp:
    • Remove not used part (PR:18, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Remove not used part (PR:101, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.argustv:
    • Remove not used part (PR:64, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:65, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. pvr.demo:
    • Remove not used part (PR:42, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:43, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  6. pvr.dvblink:
    • Remove not used part (PR:84, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:85, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  7. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • Remove not used part (PR:57, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:58, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  8. pvr.filmon:
    • Remove not used part (PR:67, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:68, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  9. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Remove not used part (PR:39, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:40, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  10. pvr.hts:
    • Remove not used part (PR:295, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:297, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  11. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:120, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • change to automatic interface version set (PR:121, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  12. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • Remove not used part (PR:62, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:63, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  13. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Remove not used part (PR:57, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:58, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  14. pvr.njoy:
    • Remove not used part (PR:35, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:36, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  15. pvr.pctv:
    • Remove not used part (PR:44, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:45, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  16. pvr.stalker:
    • Remove not used part (PR:89, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:90, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  17. pvr.vbox:
    • Remove not used part (PR:190, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:191, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  18. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • remove never used functions (PR:2, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:3, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  19. pvr.vuplus:
    • Remove not used part (PR:59, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:60, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  20. pvr.wmc:
    • Remove not used part (PR:50, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h (PR:51, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  21. vfs.rar:
    • Remove not used part (PR:5, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  22. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! Application: Remove unused dirtyRegions variable (2e7f6290)
      • rbp: Remove GUI layer during video playback when it is empty (855a34c0)
  23. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Exclude [env] pvr.mythtv: pvr.mythtv: Does not build
    • Updated: [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, inputstream, vfs, other)
    • Added: [env] patch: imagedecoder.raw: update imagedecoder.raw
    • Added: [pkg] PR:2: Update b43 firmware (wlan-firmware)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:7: Remove not used part (pvr.octonet)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8: libXBMC_codec.h removed and changed to libXBMC_pvr.h also fix compile fault after last request (pvr.octonet)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:24: Remove not used part (inputstream.adaptive)
Evening Milhouse,

Media Portal pvr addon is showing as incompatible on #0429 and disabling on boot, works fine though once re-enabled.
Regards

Bucky
(2017-04-29, 22:53)bmonster Wrote: Evening Milhouse,

Media Portal pvr addon is showing as incompatible on #0429 and disabling on boot, works fine though once re-enabled.
Regards

Bucky

Odd, not sure why it would be considered incompatible.
(2017-04-29, 23:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-29, 22:53)bmonster Wrote: Evening Milhouse,

Regards

Bucky

Odd, not sure why it would be considered incompatible.

Simple IP TV is also marked as incompatible. I rolled back to #428 with which there is no problem.
(2017-04-30, 05:52)bill_orange Wrote: Simple IP TV is also marked as incompatible. I rolled back to #428 with which there is no problem.

I have no problem enabling the PVR IPTV Simple Client add-on in #0429, so as with the post from @bmonster this looks like a glitch or bug in the Kodi version check/add-on system as there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the various add-ons themselves (all of which have been built clean for this release, as they are every evening).
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24