• 121(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-05-22, 09:23)da-anda Wrote: sorry, I haven't kept up2date in regards of known issues etc. I updated my PI1 (yes, I still use one) to #0520 the other day and noticed some issues with liveTV. F.e. when I start playback of a channel it first starts to buffer (which it didn't do in the previous build [unfortunately don't know which one I used]) and then won't play unless I switch the audio stream from AC3 to mpeg2. Passthrough is disabled, since my TV doesn't support AC3 or DTS, and since it's a PI1 I'm using omxplayer instead of dvdplayer/mmal for hw-decoding, as dvdplayer has more overhead. I have to admit that I haven't tested the behavior with dvdplayer yet, will do tonight. Just wanted to know if there are known issues before I start further investigation. Thanks.

If this used to work better then the most useful information is which build caused the problem to start.
It is also of interest if changing any relevant settings (omxplayer would be one) helps.
(2017-05-22, 15:07)popcornmix Wrote: If this used to work better then the most useful information is which build caused the problem to start.
It is also of interest if changing any relevant settings (omxplayer would be one) helps.
I know my post wasn't really helpful so far. I'll dig deeper into the issue now that I know there is no known problem. I suspect that the VP update might be the cause, because the image I used before was a couple months old, so before any of the vp changes. I'll investigate. Thanks.
(2017-05-22, 00:50)Milhouse Wrote: I don't use Windows 10, but this OS generally has all sorts of issues accessing Samba shares (regardless of SMB version) - search the web for various registry hacks that may improve the situation.

I use Win10 to host all my shared media on a USB drive through a USB Hub. No issues once I made this registry edit:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2180598
(2017-05-22, 15:06)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 10:45)Vimes Wrote: Not a big issue but just curious how the TV detects the HDMI input to power on but not switch to that input on these builds.

Are you using hdmi_edid_file in config.txt?

Basically the edid of the display contains its physical address which includes the hdmi port used.
If you were to capture an edid to file and then swap HDMI ports this would no longer be correct
and you may find kodi requests to switch to Pi's input actually go to another device.

The other obvious thing to try is swapping the hdmi inputs of Pi and DVB device.
Also powering off all HDMI connected devices from the mains for a minute can help force devices to forget state information about connections.

Thanks for the reply.

The config.txt file has the same contents in both versions of LibreELEC, these nightly's and then the 8.0.1 version. Both are vanilla, in other words nothing added and so no hdmi_edid_file saved in the config txt..

Fully powering off as you suggested keeps the same behaviour.

I need to use the TV remote to change channels to HDMI 1 whilst using these builds.

If I do go back to using the 8.0.1 build then the TV auto detects the HDMI input to change to and so goes to that input when LibreELEC is booting.

The DVB device is actually the TV switching to a Digital TV channel and not an HDMI input, it is not a separate physical device. It does this on these nightly builds as it seems to be ignoring the option which is set to switch the source to this device, unlike the other build noted.
(2017-05-22, 10:45)Vimes Wrote: Just to add on the Official LibreELEC 8.01 the libCEC is version 4.0.2 and on these builds it is 4.0.1. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Where are you seeing 4.0.1 reported? I see 4.0.2 in #0521.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-22, 16:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 10:45)Vimes Wrote: Just to add on the Official LibreELEC 8.01 the libCEC is version 4.0.2 and on these builds it is 4.0.1. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Where are you seeing 4.0.1 reported? I see 4.0.2 in #0521.

Oops. 8.0.1.......

got that the wrong way round. Version 8.0.1 of LibreELEC has libCEC 4.0.1
hi, a little thing about a long time ago now i've to report.

With the #521 i recognize a lot of buffering on MTV.de addon, charts top 100.(H264)
Also i see Videostuttering.

Videos (DVD) over Network SMB:\\ works perfekt with DTS5.1
Videos (BD50) over Network will not play, reboot my Pi3, no chance with crashlog.

SeeYa
Harald
#519 to #521 no 3D iso playback possible, RPi is restarting. I've tried both OMX and MMAL, no difference

kodi_crashlog_20170522185214.log

Seems it is still buffer related?
DEBUG: ffmpeg[57F7E3A0]: Assertion len >= s->orig_buffer_size failed at libavformat/aviobuf.c:545
I'm also having some Samba problems, but can't really tell when they started. My current media sources use Samba and work fine, but when I try to browse for a new source the list comes up empty. Previous my server was found, it's using Ubuntu, but now nothing. And that's the reason why I don't really know when the problem started, only browsing for new things that don't work. And not often I need to do that.

My Windows computer finds the Ubuntu server when I browse the network. So I guess the server configuration is good.

I recently installed #521 since I saw some Samba thins was changed, but it didn't help.
The BD ISO crashes should be fixed in tonight's build, the "DVDDemuxFFmpeg: max_packet_size - use GetBlockSize directly" commit f1c3fc959e has been dropped from last night's build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-05-22, 19:34)raptorjr Wrote: I'm also having some Samba problems, but can't really tell when they started. My current media sources use Samba and work fine, but when I try to browse for a new source the list comes up empty. Previous my server was found, it's using Ubuntu, but now nothing. And that's the reason why I don't really know when the problem started, only browsing for new things that don't work. And not often I need to do that.

My Windows computer finds the Ubuntu server when I browse the network. So I guess the server configuration is good.

I recently installed #521 since I saw some Samba thins was changed, but it didn't help.

This kind of problem may well depend on your server configuration, and specifically which Samba server (you may have several on your network) is your "master browser". If your master browser doesn't support NT1 then you may find you can no longer browse the network for servers from other Samba clients (eg. LibreELEC).

Try running the following:
Code:
smbtree -N

If you have no results, then you have no servers on your network capable of browsing.

To discover which server is your current master browser, run:
Code:
NUC:~ # systemctl stop nmbd
NUC:~ # nmbd -iFd3 | grep master_browser
check_for_master_browser_success: Local master browser for workgroup WORKGROUP exists at IP 192.168.0.3 (just checking).

In the above example, 192.168.0.3 is my master browser (it's my FreeNAS server, which doesn't support NT1 so "smbtree -N" returns nothing.

Now check if your master browser server is configured with "min procotol = SMB2" (or similar) - if it is, this would explain your inability to browse.

ctrl-c to terminate nmbd, then:
Code:
NUC:~ # systemctl start nmbd

But hold on you say, it was working last week.

Well, yes, it may well have been - that's the "wonder" of Samba, as different servers on your network can become your master browser based on an election process. It can be as simple as depending on the order in which you turn your kit on. If you have some servers supporting NT1 and others not then you might be able to browse the network while one of your NT1 servers is your master browser, but not when it's one of your other non-NT1 supporting servers.

The Samba server in your LibreELEC client can become a master browser (if the wind is blowing in the right direction) and now that it no longer limits the min protocol (as of #0521) it should permit network browsing (assuming it is your master browser).
Just got a new install of LibreELEC 8.0.1 and tested it out, no addons used. TV works fine with the CEC configured as std to switch the source to the device, Pi3, when powered on.
Installed build 521 over it, successfully, and now the TV just powers on to a std TV channel and will no longer switch the source to the device, the Pi3.
This is coming from libCEC 4.0.1 to libCEC 4.0.2, not sure of any other changes.
@Vimes going back through the available builds would be the normal way to identify the first build with this unwanted behaviour... slow/tedious but usually effective.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0522: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.2 #1 Mon May 22 22:01:35 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 15 2017 17:01:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9469ea3706e34c4de62f38a5008f69a429b4b43e (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170522220032-#0522-g0b589ed [Build #0522]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:61e98fd). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0b589ed6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1d4808aa, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [addons] remove the 'void ADDON_Stop()' call
  2. PR:1635: firmware: install wifi firmware from linux-firmware, cleanup wlan-firmware
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Update README.raspberrypi (PR:12146, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] remove the 'void ADDON_Stop()' call (PR:12143, 7 commits, 30 files changed)
    • [gui] refactor GUIIncludes class (PR:12129, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [OSX/Windowing] - replace deprecated functions for display mode switching (PR:12064, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Fix libdvdcss-2 hooking which was broken after a8a3a0db60171328fb962b… (PR:12149, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • SMBFile: Clean Up (PR:12145, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  2. peripheral.joystick:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:109, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  3. pvr.argustv:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:70, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  4. pvr.demo:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:48, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  5. pvr.dvblink:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:90, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  6. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:63, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  7. pvr.filmon:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:73, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  8. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:47, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  9. pvr.hts:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:305, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  10. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:131, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  11. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:68, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  12. pvr.mythtv:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:75, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  13. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:63, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  14. pvr.njoy:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:41, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  15. pvr.pctv:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:50, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  16. pvr.stalker:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:97, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  17. pvr.vbox:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:196, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  18. pvr.vuplus:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:65, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  19. pvr.wmc:
    • Update on kodi to addon interface (PR:56, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  20. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: hevc: fixup x86 (7600a75f)
      • fixup: MMALFFmpeg: Add Sand/YUVUV128 support (7d2dc0a1)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • fixup: Avoid hiding splash (7ea11cd8)
      • DVDDemuxFFmpeg: max_packet_size - use GetBlockSize directly (f1c3fc95)
  21. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Some addons (visualization, screensavers) will be broken by the latest build. I've uploaded a new zip for visualization.shadertoy, I'll update screensaver.shadertoy as/when an update is available.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24