• 134(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Live streaming works good with buffering again in #0609 testbuild.
Thank you Smile
(2017-06-09, 17:53)popcornmix Wrote: This wasn't explicitly mentioned but the update to hevc improves cache usage in motcomp which saves ~140MB/sec of sdram bandwidth and improves jellyfish fps by about 3%.

The focus next is supporting 10-bit hevc. This is a big job and will take a while.
The increased sdram bandwidth required will probably limit performance to 1280x720@30 when using 10-bit HEVC, but we'll push it as far as we can.

As a mostly hevc user, I just wanted to say thanks again for the continued hevc updates.
(2017-06-09, 17:53)popcornmix Wrote: The focus next is supporting 10-bit hevc. This is a big job and will take a while.
This is great news! Really looking forward to 10-bit HEVC support.
(2017-06-08, 23:17)Milhouse Wrote: Opening this file loads the playlist without a problem.

If you're using a different method can you document each step? Also, a debug log might be useful.

I think it's due to a sudden power loss, which I accidentaly caused two days ago:
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ls .kodi/userdata/
ls: .kodi/userdata/playlists: Structure needs cleaning

Now I don't know how to fix this. Usually I'd run something like e2fsck -fv against the partition mounted on another system, but I don't know if this will work with libreelec's squashfs? Any chances to fix this from within libreelec itself?

Edit: I realized, that storage was an own partition, so a
Code:
~ $ sudo e2fsck -fv /dev/mmcblk0p2
from within my linux mint did fix it for me. Now creating playlists is working as intended Smile

If there are file system errors on the system partition as well, would these be "fixed" the next time when I flash a new testbuild or is there something else which I should consider now that there have been errors on the storage partition?
(2017-06-10, 05:56)MMXT Wrote:
Code:

Now I don't know how to fix this. Usually I'd run something like e2fsck -fv against the partition on another system, but I don't know if this will work with libreelec's squashfs?

This isn't the squashfs partition, it's your ext4 partition so running e2fsck should fix it. Normally fsck should run at startup to fix minor errors, unless you've disabled it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-06-10, 06:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-10, 05:56)MMXT Wrote:
Code:

Now I don't know how to fix this. Usually I'd run something like e2fsck -fv against the partition on another system, but I don't know if this will work with libreelec's squashfs?

This isn't the squashfs partition, it's your ext4 partition so running e2fsck should fix it. Normally fsck should run at startup to fix minor errors, unless you've disabled it.

Mh, I didn't disable any startup options and wondered why after several reboots nothing had been fixed.
I edited my original post while you answered my question. I would be glad if you could tell me if flashing a new test build would fix any remaining errors on system partition as well?
(2017-06-10, 06:46)MMXT Wrote: I edited my original post while you answered my question. I would be glad if you would tell me if flashing a new test build would fix perhaps remaining errors on system partition as well?

No, upgrading using a tar file will not by itself fix any filesystem errors in either the System (FAT) or Storage (ext4) partitions.

However, during every boot the System and Storage partitions are checked for errors that will - if possible - be automatically corrected. This check is disabled if booting from network file systems, or if "nofsck" is added on the kernel command line.

Writing a new disk image to the SD card will "fix" any existing filesystem errors.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-06-10, 07:23)Milhouse Wrote: Writing a new disk image to the SD card will "fix" any existing filesystem errors.
Ok, thank you for telling me. I will dd a new image to an sdhc then, because e2fsck found so many errors on /storage, that I am not sure if the root file system might be corrupted as well. If minor errors should be fixed at startup, these errors obviously were not minor, so I think I'll use a fresh image (and spare sdhc as well), just to be save.
(2017-06-08, 10:19)MikeKL Wrote: Ref ongoing add-on settings changes........
Been using TVGuide Full screen and believe #0604 onwards creates issues https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2599754
Settings Issues with TV Guide Fullscreen appear to be fixed in #0609, thank you Montellese.
Posted update in TV Fullscreen Thread
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hi Milhouse,

Noticed a little bug that started with 0605, using an addon like extended info script, when you scroll down thru the info, the button/focus moves down but the screen doesn't, so the active button goes off screen.
Same with tv shows next aired addon. when moving right thru the days of the week the focus moves along, but again the screen doesn't.

Back on 0604 and everything's working fine again..hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain..

Kind regards

Bucky

Edit: checked my windows x64 nightly and the same issue is there..
(2017-06-10, 18:27)bmonster Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

Noticed a little bug that started with 0605, using an addon like extended info script, when you scroll down thru the info, the button/focus moves down but the screen doesn't, so the active button goes off screen.
Same with tv shows next aired addon. when moving right thru the days of the week the focus moves along, but again the screen doesn't.

Back on 0604 and everything's working fine again..hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain..

Kind regards

Bucky

Thanks for the report - there were a few PRs that might cause this in #0605, my guess would be PR12224, PR12232 and PR12234 - ping @peak3d and @alwinus.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0610: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.4 #1 Sun Jun 11 00:08:49 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun  8 2017 13:35:04
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0784a9f7dfa6a45aa2524eeab1980da00cd93019 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170611000743-#0610-g16fdbb7 [Build #0610]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (16fdbb7a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a0a04d60, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-3.3.1-Leia-Alpha
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • system-tools: bump screen and fix 256 colour support (16fdbb7a)
  2. XBMC:
    • Games: Move games code to KODI namespace (PR:12271, 1 commit, 112 files changed)
    • Games: Move to C++11 (PR:12269, 1 commit, 17 files changed)
    • Joysticks: Move to C++11 (PR:12270, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
    • Peripherals: Fix c/p error when Power-Off was added to the Peripheral API (PR:12278, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add Chinese local to .desktop file (PR:12198, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • SDL Event cleanup (PR:12272, 15 commits, 54 files changed)
    • [addons/settings] Fix fallout #2 (PR:12276, 17 commits, 18 files changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • ffmpeg: hevc rebase on 3.3.1 (21f835d4)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • Revert "FFmpeg: Bump to 3.3.1-Leia-Alpha" (0c343d2f)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:12272: SDL Event cleanup (reason: breaks OnKey processing on Generic)
    • Added: [env] patch: ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-3.3.1-Leia-Alpha
    • Added: [env] PR:1682: Correcting VendorID for TP-Link T4U v2
@bmonster: any special advancedsettings.xml in use? If unsure, can you pls. provide a kodi log after kodi startup? thx!
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0611: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.11.4 #1 Sun Jun 11 21:05:39 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun  8 2017 13:35:04
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 0784a9f7dfa6a45aa2524eeab1980da00cd93019 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170611210424-#0611-g16fdbb7 [Build #0611]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:423072a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (16fdbb7a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (82709567, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [network] CHTTPJsonRpcHandler: limit any other request method than POST to ReadData permissions on the JSON-RPC API
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • More SDL event cleanup (PR:12285, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix favourites reloading on profile change (PR:12246, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • VideoPlayerRadioRDS: Revert ResetRDSCache on init (PR:12274, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [droid] Packaging cleanup (PR:12284, 3 commits, 1 file changed)
    • CHG: [droid] remove android dload specifics (PR:12282, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • XBMC_events, cleanup and fix (PR:12287, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
  2. pvr.dvbviewer:
  3. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayerRadioRDS: Revert ResetRDSCache on init (8c74d2cd)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:1686: glibc: re-enable programs, remove those we don't want
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12281: [network] CHTTPJsonRpcHandler: limit any other request method than POST to ReadData permissions on the JSON-RPC API
(2017-06-10, 23:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-06-10, 18:27)bmonster Wrote: Hi Milhouse,

Kind regards

Bucky

Thanks for the report - there were a few PRs that might cause this in #0605, my guess would be PR12224, PR12232 and PR12234 - ping @peak3d and @alwinus.

@bmonster are you sure this issue is first seen with #0605? My testing suggests it starts with #0606.
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24