• 224(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
Something wrong with your changelog? Looks incomplete since 2 builds.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-09-21, 08:07)Memphiz Wrote: Something wrong with your changelog? Looks incomplete since 2 builds.

I hope not, what do you think is missing?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi guys,

After update from some 17.0 testbuild to 18.0 testbuild today (#920) my remote is not working anymore. After searching this thread I have found that I have to change my config.txt, so I did.

Now it looks like this:
Code:
hdmi_force_edid_3d=1
hdmi_clock_change_limit=20
#device_tree_overlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_in_pin=26
config_hdmi_boost=4
dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_in_pin=26
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
device_tree_overlay=hifiberry-dacplus

lirc0 in dev is present (it wasn't with lirc-rpi overlay)

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ls -la /dev/lirc*
crw-------    1 root     root      245,   0 Sep 14 16:12 /dev/lirc0

I have tried Enabled/Disabled lirc in Settings->LibreElec->Services (yes, I've rebooted after any change), but my remote is still not working. Even changed batteries for a fresh ones. My remote is Onkyo receiver remote.

Any help or ideas? How can I even check if system is receiving ir codes from remote?

Thanks.
T.
The syntax of gpio pin setting in the gpio-ir overlay is different to lirc-rpi. You have to use
Code:
dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_pin=26

Note "gpio_pin", not "gpio_in_pin"

Edit: also remove the "device_tree_overlay" lines in config.txt.

so long,

Hias
(2017-09-21, 11:47)HiassofT Wrote: The syntax of gpio pin setting in the gpio-ir overlay is different to lirc-rpi. You have to use
Code:

Note "gpio_pin", not "gpio_in_pin"

Edit: also remove the "device_tree_overlay" lines in config.txt.

so long,

Hias

Still not working.
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
        Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
        Enabled protocols: lirc
        Name: gpio_ir_recv
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ps -a | grep lirc
  242 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
  460 root       0:00 lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 /storage/.config/lircd.conf
  466 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
  470 root       0:52 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
1455 root       0:00 grep lirc

-------- UPDATE ---------

I've realized that lircd was running even when disabled from Settings. I have removed its startup from autostart.sh (it needed to be there for some reasons in the past).
Now lircd is not started upon reboot.
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ps -a | grep lirc
  225 root       0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd
  455 root       0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
  462 root       0:34 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
  890 root       0:00 grep lirc
ir-keytable looks different:
Code:
LibreELEC:~ # ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
        Driver gpio-rc-recv, table rc-rc6-mce
        Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
        Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6
        Name: gpio_ir_recv
        bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

mode2 gives me activity on pressing keys, but within kodi navigation still doesn't work.

upon mode2 execution, ir-keytable output changes
Code:
Enabled protocols: lirc
OK, ir-keytable output looks good and getting activity from mode2 is fine as well.

You could now try enabling lirc in LE setting, that'll pick up your lircd.conf file. If you do that you may also need to disable ir-keytable auto-configuration (via ": > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg").

Which remote are you using? If it's some standard remote it might work with the ir-keytable maps shipped with LE and you just need to setup an rc_maps.cfg file.

Detailed info about remote handling is in the LE wiki: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes

so long,

Hias
(2017-09-21, 12:38)HiassofT Wrote: OK, ir-keytable output looks good and getting activity from mode2 is fine as well.

You could now try enabling lirc in LE setting, that'll pick up your lircd.conf file. If you do that you may also need to disable ir-keytable auto-configuration (via ": > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg").

Which remote are you using? If it's some standard remote it might work with the ir-keytable maps shipped with LE and you just need to setup an rc_maps.cfg file.

Detailed info about remote handling is in the LE wiki: https://wiki.libreelec.tv/infrared_remotes

so long,

Hias

Enabling lircd in LE settings helped, now remote works. Possible culprit I see now (just an idea) was that lircd was started using autostart.sh according to some old guides probably I have used years ago.
Maybe some lirc update or maybe different usage of it could pose a issue.

I'm using ONKYO remote and had to create custom remote file for lircd.

Thanks for help.
T.
Manually starting lircd in autostart.sh was certainly the culprit and you are not the first one caught by a long forgotten change. Glad you found it so quickly!

IIRC (some) Onkyo remotes use a variant of the NEC protocol so you could give that a try if you are in the mood for experiments. But it's a lot easier to stick to your working lircd.conf.

so long,

Hias
(2017-09-21, 08:10)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-09-21, 08:07)Memphiz Wrote: Something wrong with your changelog? Looks incomplete since 2 builds.

I hope not, what do you think is missing?

It stops after like 10 points - but only when using tap atalk...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-09-21, 20:51)Memphiz Wrote: It stops after like 10 points - but only when using tap atalk...

Ah Tapatalk. I use it on Android, and amazingly after all these years it still can't manage to format anything but the most basic post. Tapatalk seem to invest all their development effort changing and rearranging the application UI every two weeks, to the benefit of nobody, while spending no time at all on improving the dire way they actually present forum messages. I suppose it could also be an outdated forum plugin that is to blame...?

Unfortunately, Tapatalk currently fails miserably when it comes to formatting my changelog posts, and also anything that includes code tags (which means quite a lot of posts are unintelligible when displayed in Tapatalk).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0921: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.13.2 #1 Thu Sep 21 21:04:25 BST 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 12 2017 15:25:20
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 3fbb171d1950eb3789eb8e37ba11e01079a37239 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20170921210317-#0921-g5a1b34f [Build #0921]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:f3f144a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (5a1b34f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f3f144a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Update samba-4.6.8, bluez-5.47 (security fixes)
  2. StereoscopicsManager: Wait for valid stream info before triggering stereo mode
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • samba: update to samba-4.6.8 (PR:2010, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mono: update to 5.2.0.224 (PR:2014, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • xf86-video-nvidia: update to xf86-video-nvidia-384.90 (PR:2018, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • bluez: update to bluez-5.47 (PR:2009, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fixes for audio delay (PR:12814, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [video] Fix CVideoInfoTag::SetYear not to except years <= 0. (PR:12816, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [droid] fix mediasession issue (fixes #17601) (PR:12818, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.vbox:
    • Update pvr.vbox to PVR API version 5.7.0 (PR:204, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • StereoscopicsManager: Wait for valid stream info before triggering stereo mode (876a9689)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:12820: AE: fix pause bursts
Any idea in bursts of sound after pausing? Look at the attached video for example. Started recently like a week or two.

https://youtu.be/hEeSyv18Rdk

Debugging log

http://sprunge.us/XSeJ

Sent from my iPhone
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2017-09-22, 03:00)pyrodex Wrote: Any idea in bursts of sound after pausing? Look at the attached video for example. Started recently like a week or two.

https://youtu.be/hEeSyv18Rdk

Debugging log

http://sprunge.us/XSeJ

Can you test #0909 and then #0910, and see if the latter is when it starts.

I've noticed something similar when "unpausing" a video, but in my case (RPi3 into computer monitor with 2.0 channel audio) after unpausing a video I sometimes hear a brief burst of white noise (or "click"), and then all audio is lost until playback is ended. It can also happen when starting playback. Seems to affect most videos - h264, hevc - with 2.0 or 5.1 audio but I couldn't trigger it on a VC-1 video with TrueHD audio.

I believe it started with #0910.

It only happens with MMAL - doesn't happen with OMX.

And it only happens when "Output configuration" is "Optimized" or "Best match" - if I set this to "Fixed" then there is no issue.

The following settings will reproduce the issue for me:

Video (you might want to turn down the volume at the beginning - sorry about that!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00v1laiqxh5m89...6.mp4?dl=1
(2017-09-22, 04:04)Milhouse Wrote: I've noticed something similar when "unpausing" a video, but in my case (RPi3 into computer monitor with 2.0 channel audio) after unpausing a video I sometimes hear a brief burst of white noise (or "click"), and then all audio is lost until playback is ended. It can also happen when starting playback. Seems to affect most videos - h264, hevc - with 2.0 or 5.1 audio but I couldn't trigger it on a VC-1 video with TrueHD audio.

And it only happens when "Output configuration" is "Optimized" or "Best match" - if I set this to "Fixed" then there is no issue.

I do have the exakt same problem. RPi2 with 2.0 stereo. But no burst after unpausing, only silence. Rapid pause/unpause sometimes produces a "click" but audio only works again after stop and play again.

Lindar
(2017-09-22, 07:00)Lindar Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 04:04)Milhouse Wrote: I've noticed something similar when "unpausing" a video, but in my case (RPi3 into computer monitor with 2.0 channel audio) after unpausing a video I sometimes hear a brief burst of white noise (or "click"), and then all audio is lost until playback is ended. It can also happen when starting playback. Seems to affect most videos - h264, hevc - with 2.0 or 5.1 audio but I couldn't trigger it on a VC-1 video with TrueHD audio.

I do have the exakt same problem. RPi2 with 2.0 stereo. But no burst after unpausing, only silence. Rapid pause/unpause sometimes produces a "click" but audio only works again after stop and play again.

Lindar
I also noticed this issue recently and was trying to track down a repeatable cause (with debug log) before reporting it. "Clicks" seem to occur after pausing/re-starting a local network video stream.
(I have also noticed it with live addon video streams i.e. iplayer www and think it occurring when slight stream pause occurs due to overall internet/network bandwidth issues)

In my case i just receive a single loud click, Audio appears to continue OK otherwise etc. (Will review and try to repeat with ideas on which kodi option/settings I have selected/enabled)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24