• 387(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-06-19, 00:48)hagertyoh Wrote: It is a RPI3B. I am just trying to find the reason it has has steadily gotten worse over the last few months of upgrades. Netflix and now amazon prime both seem unusable due to screen lockup’s.

It does not seem to be the WiFi as hard wire did the same.

I swapped sd cards and did a complete reinstall. that did not help.

Being I am not computer person. I probably just need to wait and see. Thanks for the response and all the hard work.
 I have had exactly the same problem with Netflix. It was stuttering to the point of being unwatchable, but I think you're right that the quality is set too high. Switching to Ethernet had no visible effect. My WiFi is downloading at 55mb/s, and streams fine on all other devices.

Amazon was streaming at 720p and it's perfect, so @hagertyoh try dropping Netflix's max streaming to 720p and see how it plays. 

I have another question for you, too, @Milhouse.

I've noticed there were a few issues with PVR during the thread. I've got my PVR streaming perfectly fine. I'm using PVRSimple and have tried a few different m3u playlists. I don't know whether this is an issue with the build, the add-on or if it's just me. But I cannot get a playlist to work if it's stored remotely. Using local playlists that I've stored on the Pi, I've got it streaming. But, I cannot get the TV guide to show what's on the channels.
huge Problem on channel switching while alternative channel list view. No Idea why.

LOG
Dont know is this right place to ask. All my remote buttons works fine with raspberry libreelec. Can i copy that file what including those buttons to normal windows kodi version? And what is that file for remote buttons? Few buttons works in windows atm.
(2018-06-19, 11:11)Rixus Wrote: I've noticed there were a few issues with PVR during the thread. I've got my PVR streaming perfectly fine. I'm using PVRSimple and have tried a few different m3u playlists. I don't know whether this is an issue with the build, the add-on or if it's just me. But I cannot get a playlist to work if it's stored remotely. Using local playlists that I've stored on the Pi, I've got it streaming. But, I cannot get the TV guide to show what's on the channels.

I have no idea about PVR addons or what PVR Simple is capable of, but I do know that nobody can help without a debug log (wiki) - enable debugging, reproduce the issue, then upload the log.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-06-19, 15:47)Jezze Wrote: Dont know is this right place to ask. All my remote buttons works fine with raspberry libreelec. Can i copy that file what including those buttons to normal windows kodi version? And what is that file for remote buttons? Few buttons works in windows atm.

You can copy /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/remote.xml if you like - not sure where it needs to go in Windows, though.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have been running at 640x480 in hope the lower throughput would help but it did not.

Maybe it is an ISP problem or something else internal.

I do see some buffering but The issue is the screen freezes for maybe 15 sec and then either sound comes back or the screen unfreezes but never both.
@millhouse any luck getting someone to update the RetroPlayer addons?
(2018-06-19, 23:03)quig Wrote: @millhouse any luck getting someone to update the RetroPlayer addons?

Not yet.
@Milhouse

I've a video which is no loger working ever since the new ffmpeg 4.0-Leia-Alpha-1 Update.
So the last working version was #0424

I've found the bug report for this problem: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7165#no2
The sample file there is also not working.

Any chance you can get the fix into LibreELEC

Here are the important parts from the log file
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d7st4wVnc5/
(2018-06-19, 23:58)TorstenW Wrote: @Milhouse

I've a video which is no loger working ever since the new ffmpeg 4.0-Leia-Alpha-1 Update.
So the last working version was #0424

I've found the bug report for this problem: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/7165#no2
The sample file there is also not working.

Any chance you can get the fix into LibreELEC

Here are the important parts from the log file
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/d7st4wVnc5/

OK will take a look (or I'm sure @popcornmix will too)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0619: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 7fa933c5b72f330026ac19b56f762753c0f5808b79d786da8feadcb8711e852e (RPi)
SHA256 Checksum: 686b4713ded780d08c720dc4f5c598071d578c3364f313ada234102f45b71d9b (RPi2)

text:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.14.50 #1 Tue Jun 19 22:09:29 BST 2018 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 7 2018 15:37:30
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 4800f08a139d6ca1c5ecbee345ea6682e2160881 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180619220806-#0619-g112ce44 [Build #0619]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA2 Git:37f55e6). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (112ce44, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b482648, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Updated Ouya patch in PR:2772
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • tvmosaic: oops, tvm_delay is lower case (PR:2784, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: vtb - move to new hwaccel api (PR:14078, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Util::GetMatchingSource: Unset protocol options for matching (PR:14016, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] use MAKE variable instead of make command (PR:14080, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. kernel 4.14.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • media: cxd2880-spi: Bump to match 4.18.y version (f1a1eec4)
      • overlays: Add gpio-no-irq overlay (3b01f059)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2772 (perma): linux (RPi): update to linux-4.14.50
(2018-06-20, 01:03)Milhouse Wrote: OK will take a look (or I'm sure @popcornmix will too)

I've included the ffmpeg patch in build #0619b: RPi2

I've tested with the sample video from the ticket and it now plays. I'll continue to include the patch until it is added upstream.

Ping @popcornmix, @fritsch, @FernetMenta.
@Milhouse 
I'm still having an issue when building Kodi with parallel LTO. I have to disable LTO, otherwise DVD playback is not working.
I noticed that in your current images kodi.bin is 12,3 MB. But in my builds with default, untouched LTO settings kodi.bin is currently 14,7 MB and it is around 16 MB when LTO is disabled. Looks like something goes wrong during link-time optimization.
What hardware are you using to build those images? I suspect that my CPU (Ivy Bridge i5-3450) is somehow incompatible with current LTO settings in LE build system.
(2018-06-19, 23:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 23:03)quig Wrote: @millhouse any luck getting someone to update the RetroPlayer addons?

Not yet. 
There is a more detailed answer in Retroplayer forums #2023. As far as I know @lrusak  is responsible for bulding them. But as garbear has written, lrusak is now working on some Videoplayer features.
(2018-06-15, 04:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 21:51)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-06-13, 18:00)-DH- Wrote: After an hour having fun with updates and restarts I can say it starts with #417, #416 is working. Checked that twice.

Thanks - looks like my initial analysis was a little half-baked, as we'd already included the libinput changes in #0422 since #0417. OK, that's something to think on... not sure if this is an LE issue, or a Kodi issue, or a bit of both.  

Just a small update: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...-397497347 - for non-X11 systems (ie. RPi) Kodi isn't being told to use the configured keyboard layout, but we're not yet sure how best to tell it to Kodi... investigations continue.  
Any news on this issue ?
The reactions in https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...-397497347 seem quite reserved. Smile
  • 387(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)24