• 50(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2017-04-19, 17:35)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello milhouse

Is there any chance to support geforce 1050 in new builds? (Hevc 10bit)

No single chance. VDPAU is not developed anymore by nvidia, so it's stagnating with 8 bit hevc only. It has no future anyways as it's bound to X11 which is slowly dieing ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
May i ask, i could choose between gtx1070 or Intel GPU, Intel is the better choice ? No chance actually for Nvidia ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
LibreELEC 9.0 Repository should now be populated with addons - thanks @chewitt!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-04-19, 09:53)porkchop999 Wrote: @Milhouse Would you be able to explain how to manually enable the GUC firmware. Which package needs to be modified?

It is is the i915 driver that will actually use the GUC firmware.

Add "i915.enable_guc_loading=2 i915.enable_guc_submission=2" to the kernel command line if loading/submission is disabled by default (not required in build #0418x).

Add "drm.debug=0xe" to the kernel command line in order to see the drm debug messages.

In this github comment there is a link to a kernel patch that will enable GUC loading/submission by default (this patch is include in #0418x).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Button repeat issue will be fixed in the next build.
Before I start gathering logs and so on. The last month or so, not sure when it started I get this issue where when I start a video with 5.1 sound (any format) I get only sound in 2.0, if I restart the video a couple of times is starts correctly.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it know? I don't use passthrough on sound so it's not related to the Kaby Lake LSPCON HD sound issue I think.

Do you want logs or is it know? @Milhouse
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0419: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.10.11 #1 SMP Wed Apr 19 21:58:15 BST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20170419215654-#0419-gf7ee67a [Build #0419]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:78cce57). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (f7ee67ae, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (515b5631, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop ffmpeg-3.3 bump, build with ffmpeg-3.1
  2. media_build: Fix RC6/MCE button repeat issue (updated PR:1545)
(2017-04-20, 00:08)_Spook_ Wrote: Before I start gathering logs and so on. The last month or so, not sure when it started I get this issue where when I start a video with 5.1 sound (any format) I get only sound in 2.0, if I restart the video a couple of times is starts correctly.

Has anyone else had this issue and is it know? I don't use passthrough on sound so it's not related to the Kaby Lake LSPCON HD sound issue I think.

There have been some audio issues (glitches) reported on RPi since the bump to ffmpeg-3.3 so it might be worth testing build #0419 as this has dropped back to ffmpeg-3.1.6.

If the problems are there are in #0419 then please post logs as it's not a known issue.
(2017-04-20, 00:15)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 00:08)_Spook_ Wrote: Before I start gathering logs and so on. The last month or so, not sure when it started I get this issue where when I start a video with 5.1 sound (any format) I get only sound in 2.0, if I restart the video a couple of times is starts correctly.

There have been some audio issues (glitches) reported on RPi since the bump to ffmpeg-3.3 so it might be worth testing build #0419 as this has dropped back to ffmpeg-3.1.6.

If the problems are there are in #0419 then please post logs as it's not a known issue.
I will give it a try and report back.

EDIT:
Still there @Milhouse.

Logs with failed start of file and then successful sound after retry:
dmesg | paste
http://sprunge.us/AdVC
cat $HOME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste
http://sprunge.us/ADdD

I also have another issue where something goes wrong with network during boot. It just keeps looking for my sources. A reboot fixes that issue most of the times. Logs with this issue here:

dmesg | paste
http://sprunge.us/SBIW
cat $HOME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | paste
http://sprunge.us/gHAS
Updated weekly Linux 4.11-rc7 build #0419x: Generic

Same as #0419, including media_build 2017-04-17-rpi with button repeat fix, but without Nvidia drivers (no compatible Nvidia drivers yet available).

GUC firmware loading/submission is enabled by default.
(2017-04-20, 00:17)_Spook_ Wrote: I also have another issue where something goes wrong with network during boot. It just keeps looking for my sources. A reboot fixes that issue most of the times. Logs with this issue here:

Are they smb:// sources, by any chance? It could be an occasional issue I've seen since the change to Samba4 - there's some sort of deadlock when accessing sources based on network shares (restarting kodi usually fixes it).
(2017-04-20, 01:02)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-20, 00:17)_Spook_ Wrote: I also have another issue where something goes wrong with network during boot. It just keeps looking for my sources. A reboot fixes that issue most of the times. Logs with this issue here:

Are they smb:// sources, by any chance? It could be an occasional issue I've seen since the change to Samba4 - there's some sort of deadlock when accessing sources based on network shares (restarting kodi usually fixes it).

Correct, they are smb:// sources
(2017-04-19, 20:48)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 09:53)porkchop999 Wrote: @Milhouse Would you be able to explain how to manually enable the GUC firmware. Which package needs to be modified?

It is is the i915 driver that will actually use the GUC firmware.

Add "i915.enable_guc_loading=2 i915.enable_guc_submission=2" to the kernel command line if loading/submission is disabled by default (not required in build #0418x).

Add "drm.debug=0xe" to the kernel command line in order to see the drm debug messages.

In this github comment there is a link to a kernel patch that will enable GUC loading/submission by default (this patch is include in #0418x).

Thanks for explaining. Managed to create a patch and a working build
How do I disable CEC on LibreElec? Settings->Input->Peripherals is empty
Check Librelec in "Settings"... Not System-Settings
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24