• 153(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1216: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 7193b70e01261a00a05886e27f570c618bc825b9187aff3a745737b9a00790f5 (Generic)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.6 #1 SMP Sat Dec 16 23:49:52 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171216234826-#1216-ga059cd6 [Build #1216]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:f02487e). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a059cd6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f02487e, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. xf86-video-amdgpu: instruct xorg to load the amdgpu driver
  2. Change Python sys.path population order
  3. passthrough: drop kernel patch, force full range (may fix "dark GUI" issue?)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • xf86-video-amdgpu: instruct xorg to load the amdgpu driver (PR:2324, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Avoid the need to bring up audio engine in test environment (PR:13187, 4 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Add access protectors (PR:13195, 4 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [python-api] - BUG - cancel of a preselect dialog behaving badly (PR:13196, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [linux] move platform dependent code to xbmc/platform (PR:13179, 4 commits, 157 files changed)
    • Update Makefile.am after #13179 (PR:13198, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Bring up a minimal amount of services in test environment (PR:13197, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • AE: remove direct dependency from settings to AE (PR:13199, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
    • Fix DVD resume issue since PR #13146 (PR:13202, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AE: check precondition - settings (PR:13203, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [CURL] Implement FILE_PROPERTY_EFFECTIVE_URL retrieval (PR:13091, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (819df87)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (6959b7e)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (7a0b80c)
  3. inputstream.adaptive:
    • effective_url log message (2d67d59)
  4. pvr.argustv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (1aa4ddc)
  5. pvr.demo:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (744d8ef)
  6. pvr.dvblink:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (4ac2f2d)
  7. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (c2275e1)
  8. pvr.filmon:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (17e8193)
  9. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (8b931e8)
  10. pvr.hts:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (2f39155)
  11. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (53f94ec)
  12. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (8f11874)
  13. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (11dfdbb)
  14. pvr.njoy:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (f7a9913)
  15. pvr.pctv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (7b1c634)
  16. pvr.stalker:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (d504a4c)
  17. pvr.vbox:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (1ed3fd2)
  18. pvr.vuplus:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (b090f73)
  19. pvr.wmc:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (920ade6)
  20. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2298 (perma): Kodi updates for Jan 2018
    • Added: [env] PR:2323 (perma): buildsystem: source functions earlier, validate project/arch earlier, refactor show_config
    • Added: [env] PR:2329 (perma): passthrough: drop kernel patch, force full
    • Added: [pkg] PR:13205 (perma): Change Python sys.path population order
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-12-16, 18:22)sleepi Wrote:
(2017-12-16, 18:03)Milhouse Wrote: Bummer, do all of the 4.14 release candidates have the same stutter?

Unfortunately, yes Sad Checked all of them. I also noticed that all RCs directly start with the stuttering. In the final it usually takes a few minutes (more or less) before it starts.

Sorry to ask you to do more testing, but could you test the 4.15-rc builds, just on the off-chance the stutter issue is already fixed in 4.15.y: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/2275

At the moment I have no idea why 4.14.y would introduce a stutter that is seen only with pvr.zattoo. Maybe this is something unique to Kaby Lake users?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I found out what the problem is and it is not related to LibreELEC, your builds or anything else. The bug exists between my ears only.

All that was needed to enable pulseaudio streaming to another machine was simply 'pactl load-module module-zeroconf-discover'. After that 'pactl list short sinks' shows all pulseaudio sinks on the network and streaming works just fine. Sorry for the noise.
(2017-12-10, 17:55)ariendj Wrote: Hey there milhouse! Thanks for all the work that goes in to making all these builds!

I'm using the latest build #1208 right now and I have a problem I could not yet figure out:
I  want to use PulseAudio in LibreELEC to play audio via LAN to a different machine. So far (with stable versions) this worked fine when following the guide in the wiki.

With the test builds I have the following problem:
Playback from a remote machine to pulseaudio on LibreELEC works as always.
Playback from LibreELEC to a remote machine's pulseaudio does not work.

As per the LibreELEC wiki, if I run 'pactl list short sinks' I should get a listing of local and remote playback devices. With the latest test build and the one before, I only get the playback devices listed that are local to the LibreELEC machine.

pactl list short sinks
1       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo        module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED
2       alsa_output.usb-ASUS_Xonar_U7-00.analog-stereo  module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       RUNNING
3       alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.iec958-stereo      module-alsa-card.c      s16le 2ch 44100Hz       SUSPENDED

The machine that I want to redirect the audio to is configured correctly as per the wiki. On my laptop I can set it as default sink and it plays without problems.

Any idea what might be wrong? Is there anything I can test or log output I can generate to get to the bottom of this?
(2017-12-17, 15:30)ariendj Wrote: I found out what the problem is and it is not related to LibreELEC, your builds or anything else. The bug exists between my ears only.

All that was needed to enable pulseaudio streaming to another machine was simply 'pactl load-module module-zeroconf-discover'. After that 'pactl list short sinks' shows all pulseaudio sinks on the network and streaming works just fine. Sorry for the noise.

No worries, thanks for the update!
(2017-12-17, 15:23)Milhouse Wrote: Sorry to ask you to do more testing, but could you test the 4.15-rc builds, just on the off-chance the stutter issue is already fixed in 4.15.y: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/2275

At the moment I have no idea why 4.14.y would introduce a stutter that is seen only with pvr.zattoo. Maybe this is something unique to Kaby Lake users?

No problem at all. Happy to help.

Just installed the 4.15rc3 and it looks really good so far. 10 minutes and no stuttering. Will check a bit longer tonight to be sure and let you know.
Unfortunately, I don't think #1216 fixed the colorspace issue Sad
Hi - firstly thanks to Milhouse for this release and to all of the community for the support.

I have an issue i am pretty sure is related to a recent update of this build (the only other thing i have updated that i am aware of is the netflix plugin)
I apologise in advance if this is the wrong section to ask this but i have searched for an answer elsewhere and drawn a blank so far.

My remote power button used to bring up the power/shutdown menu (same as s key on keyboard) 
It now initiates a shutdown of the machine.

I have tried to use the http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor to change it back but i cannot press the key without shutting down the machine so this does not work.
I have looked vis ssh and found the keymaps folder (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/) but it only has the other keymaps i have created via the Keymap addon.

How do i find / change or just disable the shutdown effect of that button?

TIA
(2017-12-18, 04:06)festol Wrote: Hi - firstly thanks to Milhouse for this release and to all of the community for the support.

I have an issue i am pretty sure is related to a recent update of this build (the only other thing i have updated that i am aware of is the netflix plugin)
I apologise in advance if this is the wrong section to ask this but i have searched for an answer elsewhere and drawn a blank so far.

My remote power button used to bring up the power/shutdown menu (same as s key on keyboard) 
It now initiates a shutdown of the machine.

I have tried to use the http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor to change it back but i cannot press the key without shutting down the machine so this does not work.
I have looked vis ssh and found the keymaps folder (/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/) but it only has the other keymaps i have created via the Keymap addon.

How do i find / change or just disable the shutdown effect of that button?

TIA

"s" on a keyboard continues to bring up the Power Menu, but I don't know what you have mapped as you haven't posted anything relevant, such as your keyboard map.

If it's a recent change, it shouldn't take long for you to determine which build introduced the change - knowing the build that introduced the problem allows a fix to be worked on much sooner.

However, if you go back a long way and don't find the build that introduced the change, then it's likely these builds are not the problem, and it's a configuration issue with your system (maybe something changed, or has become corrupted).
(2017-12-17, 23:12)NNate Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't think #1216 fixed the colorspace issue Sad

Could you be more specific - does it make the problem worse, or no change at all? Have you tried changing between limited and full in Settings > System > Display? What is your system - this is specific to Intel GPUs. Can you post a link to the output from "/usr/bin/xrandr -display :0 --verbose | pastebinit"
(2017-12-14, 23:52)turbobuickguy Wrote: Here is a recent crashlog link

Can you use pastebin.com, as sprunge.us is unfortunately down more often than it is up.
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #1217: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 0afd333b4c62c5ba073d33b5fbce6526e1d1f00e11ad099e57e574eb39ba3b78 (Generic)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.6 #1 SMP Sun Dec 17 21:31:49 GMT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20171217210935-#1217-g4fcd5b3 [Build #1217]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:66c8cac). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4fcd5b3, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (66c8cac, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. AESinkPULSE: Make default sink handling more failsafe
  2. Drop PR:13205 (Change Python sys.path population order) until agreement on how to proceed
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • [LE 9.0] mkimage: Fix an issue when device tree image is not included into SD card images for WeTek devices (PR:2330, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Estuary] don't hide scroll buttons in textviewer (PR:13166, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [uwp] remove Real Media Files from FileType in manifest (PR:13206, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AESinkPULSE: Make default sink handling more failsafe (PR:13200, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AMLUtils: support 3.14 "Nougat" kernel fractional rates (PR:13130, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [buildsteps][win10] package appx file (PR:13207, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [Music]Cleaning and scanning using music job queue (PR:13117, 1 commit, 12 files changed)
    • [cmake] FFmpeg: bump minimum required version to 3.4 (PR:13201, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2323 (perma): buildsystem: source functions earlier, validate project/arch earlier, refactor show_config
(2017-12-17, 16:26)sleepi Wrote:
(2017-12-17, 15:23)Milhouse Wrote: Sorry to ask you to do more testing, but could you test the 4.15-rc builds, just on the off-chance the stutter issue is already fixed in 4.15.y: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/2275

No problem at all. Happy to help.

Just installed the 4.15rc3 and it looks really good so far. 10 minutes and no stuttering. Will check a bit longer tonight to be sure and let you know.   

Quick update: Watched a few hours last night and stuttering is gone. No problems with 4.15-rc3 anymore. Smile
(2017-12-18, 09:22)sleepi Wrote: Quick update: Watched a few hours last night and stuttering is gone. No problems with 4.15-rc3 anymore. Smile

Excellent - let's hope it stays fixed! Smile
(2017-12-14, 23:52)turbobuickguy Wrote: Here is a recent crashlog link

Now that sprunge.us is working again I've added your crash log to pastebin.com.

This looks like it is crashing in ffmpeg.

Does this only happen with certain files, or everything?

Can you upload a sample file that triggers the crash?
I have an ACPI error on an older machine I'm running this on, is there some way to hide those errors at bootup?
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24