• 175(current)
v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0203: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 6975b3fa47feecb2dbdab807f1eb45aec3b4d060428a20a9bd7cb67be8fdfb50 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.16 #1 SMP Sat Feb 3 21:14:11 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180203211153-#0203-g92141f7 [Build #0203]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4de5826). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (92141f7, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (4de5826, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Move several of the platform specific threading mechanisms to C++11 standard
  2. Games: Keyboard remapping support
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • ffmpeg: remove x11grab (PR:2475, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • buildsystem: avoid if/then/else boiler plate when accessing hierarchy [RFC] (PR:2432, 11 commits, 11 files changed)
    • v4l-utils: add remote config for minix ir remote to libreelec_multi_amlogic (PR:2464, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Kill CProfilesManager singleton (PR:13443, 5 commits, 95 files changed)
    • Fix broken ctrl+shift modifiers (PR:13435, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Games: Keyboard remapping support (PR:13374, 6 commits, 81 files changed)
    • [ios] bump deployment target to 9.0 & use newer Xcode on jenkins (PR:13468, 4 commits, 8 files changed)
    • [PVR] Guide window: Selected item must be recalculated after scrollin (PR:13474, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [windows] fix wrong smart pointer usage which causes crash. (PR:13475, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Move several of the platform specific threading mechanisms to C++11 standard. (PR:13454, 2 commits, 30 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Keyboard mapping support (PR:136, 7 commits, 12 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2466 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.19 (-ish)
    • Added: [env] PR:2477 (perma): kodi: updates for March 2018
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

I go back to my issue with my NUC7i7BNH... I have buy a new AVR Onkyo TX-RZ820 and I have always issue with DTS-HD.

There is changes compared with my Denon AVR.

With my Denon AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH.

I have try with build #126 and latest #203
 Estuary MOD V2 
@Guilouz have you tried the HDMI 1.66 firmware? Some Kaby Lake users reported worse results (broken lossless bitstreaming audio) with the latest 1.72 HDMI firmware so it may be worth trying 1.66 (I've got no other suggestions, in case you are wondering).

Unfortunately Intel in their infinite wisdom have taken the HDMI 1.66 firmware down and no longer provide it, so you'll have to find an alternative source of the 1.66 zip file. Don't blame me if it bricks your system etc. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-02-04, 05:27)Milhouse Wrote: @Guilouz have you tried the HDMI 1.66 firmware? Some Kaby Lake users reported worse results (broken lossless bitstreaming audio) with the latest 1.72 HDMI firmware so it may be worth trying 1.66 (I've got no other suggestions, in case you are wondering).

Unfortunately Intel in their infinite wisdom have taken the HDMI 1.66 firmware down and no longer provide it, so you'll have to find an alternative source of the 1.66 zip file. Don't blame me if it bricks your system etc. Smile
 No I don't try to downgrade HDMI firmware yet, I ordered a USB-C HDMI adaptater (http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F2CU038/) to see if it's the same issue as HDMI, I receive it tomorrow.

A real hassle this NUC7i7BNH...
 Estuary MOD V2 
Thank you Milhouse for your reply.
Do you know if there are any depencies to the LE9 version or so?
I tried the latest tvheadend nightly (for LE8.2) from cvh but tvheadend was not starting.
Maybe I have to compile by my own... Nerd

Oh by the way... Digital Devices should work out of box without any additional driver because it is now included into kernel.
And working pretty good!

Just in case anyone has a card of this brand.
(2018-02-02, 23:09)rudrood Wrote: IVideo and OSD is very dark.
Using a NVidia card.
The video is not only dark, but the limited video function is broken. Verified with AVS HD 709 (Grayscale Steps) test. For now, the only way of getting a decent picture is to set everything (KODI, GPU, TV) to "Full RGB". I also don't understand why "Video 16:235 pass-through" is removed. Always thought it was there to fix TVs that set limited/full automatically.
(2018-02-04, 19:26)-zero- Wrote: Thank you Milhouse for your reply.
Do you know if there are any depencies to the LE9 version or so?
I tried the latest tvheadend nightly (for LE8.2) from cvh but tvheadend was not starting.
Maybe I have to compile by my own... Nerd

Oh by the way... Digital Devices should work out of box without any additional driver because it is now included into kernel.
And working pretty good!

Just in case anyone has a card of this brand.

Yes, it most likely will have dependencies on LE9 so tvheadend from LE8.2 may give you issues (missing shared object libraries etc.)
(2018-02-04, 20:23)epias Wrote:
Using a NVidia card.
The video is not only dark, but the limited video function is broken. Verified with AVS HD 709 (Grayscale Steps) test. For now, the only way of getting a decent picture is to set everything (KODI, GPU, TV) to "Full RGB". I also don't understand why "Video 16:235 pass-through" is removed. Always thought it was there to fix TVs that set limited/full automatically. 
 Can you tell me how to set it to full RGB?

Thanks
New LibreELEC.tv Leia build #0204: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

SHA256 Checksum: 94c3e6a173a3152c6213ceb3f96634d213840255fba74c9439e5c554d9c887b5 (Generic)

text:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.14.16 #1 SMP Sun Feb 4 21:06:24 GMT 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse): devel-20180204210428-#0204-g0ea19c3 [Build #0204]

# Kodi version
(18.0-ALPHA1 Git:4de5826). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0ea19c3, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a03c941, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. VideoPlayer: opengl - fix yuv2rgb
  2. [addons] don't use event load/unload in conjunction with async events
  3. [addons] refactor dependecy tuples to a struct
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • dvb-tools addon bump (PR:2465, 5 commits, 7 files changed)
    • Revert "scripts/mkimage: use helper function" (PR:2478, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: opengl - fix yuv2rgb (PR:13477, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [jsonrpc] fix GetFavourites after dd29b3e (PR:13410, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [depends] gnutls: don't use getentropy on darwin systems (PR:13479, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] don't use event load/unload in conjunction with async events (PR:12846, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [addons] refactor dependecy tuples to a struct (PR:13473, 1 commit, 20 files changed)
    • [mention-bot] Nuke file (PR:13463, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AndroidStorageProvider: Fix fsok logic (PR:13480, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Update README.raspberrypi to default to release builds (#13327) (0edaa82)
  3. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • New setting for the default keepmethod of new recording timers (PR:82, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] PR:2466 (perma): linux: update to linux-4.14.19 (-ish)
(2018-02-04, 20:23)epias Wrote: The video is not only dark, but the limited video function is broken. Verified with AVS HD 709 (Grayscale Steps) test. For now, the only way of getting a decent picture is to set everything (KODI, GPU, TV) to "Full RGB".

Can you confirm the first build when this issue started?

(2018-02-04, 20:23)epias Wrote: I also don't understand why "Video 16:235 pass-through" is removed. Always thought it was there to fix TVs that set limited/full automatically.

The "Use limited color range (16-235)" setting is still available and hasn't been removed.

(2018-02-03, 01:37)khaoohs Wrote: I noticed the same thing. Video and OSD got darker again starting with the 1/21 build.
Are you sure it started with #0121?
(2018-02-04, 17:04)Guilouz Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 05:27)Milhouse Wrote: @Guilouz have you tried the HDMI 1.66 firmware? Some Kaby Lake users reported worse results (broken lossless bitstreaming audio) with the latest 1.72 HDMI firmware so it may be worth trying 1.66 (I've got no other suggestions, in case you are wondering).

No I don't try to downgrade HDMI firmware yet, I ordered a USB-C HDMI adaptater (http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F2CU038/) to see if it's the same issue as HDMI, I receive it tomorrow.

A real hassle this NUC7i7BNH... 
 Hi Milhouse,

No changes with USB-C HDMI adaptater, after many test, it seem to be an issue with DTS-HD HRA only, ok with DTS-HD MA

Image Image

Can you try a video with DTS-HD HRA audio ? I can send you a sample if you want
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2018-02-05, 13:53)Guilouz Wrote: Can you try a video with DTS-HD HRA audio ? I can send you a sample if you want

With #0204, DTS-HD HRA (96Khz, 24-bit) is bitstreaming correctly from both a Revo 3700/ION2 and Skylake NUC6i5SYH into Onkyo TX-NR828, with the amp showing "DTS HD HRA".

I tested with the two samples (9 & 10 in Section 2) from the Kodi Samples page.
(2018-02-04, 23:30)rudrood Wrote:
(2018-02-04, 20:23)epias Wrote:
Using a NVidia card.
 Can you tell me how to set it to full RGB?

Thanks 

Your GPU can (and should) be set to output FULL video levels by running the command:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Full" (where HDMI1 is your recent HDMI - check it with xrandr --verbose)

In Kodi, full RGB is turned on by default, but check if "use limited color range" is turned on in system settings.

Color levels of your tv have to be set correctly - don't know which one you have.
For Sony it's called HDMI Level (Samsung calls it black level I guess).
Has to be turned on, full, or whatever it is called in your settings.
(2018-02-05, 14:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 13:53)Guilouz Wrote: Can you try a video with DTS-HD HRA audio ? I can send you a sample if you want

With #0204, DTS-HD HRA (96Khz, 24-bit) is bitstreaming correctly from both a Revo 3700/ION2 and Skylake NUC6i5SYH into Onkyo TX-NR828, with the amp showing "DTS HD HRA".

I tested with the two samples (9 & 10 in Section 2) from the Kodi Samples page.   
 Just try 9 & 10 in Section 2 from sample page and they are not working, just DTS core is sent to AVR and sound is degraded.
 The box of my Internet provider is able to read files in passthrough, so I have try this same file with my AVR and they are played correctly.

So I think there is issue with Kaby Lake patch with DTS HRA.

This is the reply from Intel :
Quote:Hello Guilouz,

Thank you for your reply.

During these past days we were able to perform a deeper research about you issue.
We actually found information that might be pretty helpful.
Your NUC7i7BNH is still suffering audio issues while the NUC5i5RYH is not (based on your description)
Between the lists of operating systems that are compatible with our NUCs we found a huge difference regarding the models that you own: the supported operating systems.
Basically the NUC5i5RYH is fully compatible with the following OS list:
Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

And as well it has been customer reported with the following OS list:

ArchLinux
Debian
Fedora
Linux Mint
OpenBSD
Ubuntu
Xubuntu
As you can see, the unit does work smoothly with Linux Based Operating systems.
On the other hand we performed a research about the other model (NUC7i7BNH) and due to its components such as its CPU, will be only compatible with Windows® 10, 64-bit.

This is basically leading us to the fact that you may have hardware and software issues with your current unit (such as drivers) and is causing your unit to fail when playing the audio files.
In this case I strongly recommend you to get in touch with Linux (LibreELEC) Communities in order to get assistance regarding the issue.

Hope this helps

Best regards,
Diego S.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Hi Milhouse,

i'm trying to use the new airplay functionalities of pulseaudio 11 through kodi but unfortunalty it doesn't work. i can play music to an airplay speaker with "paplay" command so pulseaudio seems to be well configured, but when i go to the "Settings/System/Audio" menu my airplay speaker is not present in the list.

Thanks
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24