Win /Android: How can I stream music over network to my Android phone?
I've searched quite a bit, and I simple can't find what to do to simply stream music to my phone. Ive read about some emby addons some plex addons. I just want a free way to listen to my music on the go. I don't want some extremely technical terminology, but I'm capable enough of some pretty intermediate tasks. Honestly, I've doing going at this for a really long time, and havent found a direct answer yet. I just want it to be up front, specific to my need. Ive messed around with quite a few of the settings, so whatever port forwarding or etc. I need to do, I've already either done it, or havent seen the option to. Also, what whould I need to do on my phone to get this to work too. PC hardware definitely isnt an issue, internet isnt an issue, and my phone is a Note 3. I plan on taking this task full out this weekend (12/3, 12/4), so answers before then would be nice.
not sure this has anything to do with kodi.
Ive seen this be done through kodi, and the reason i have it is because I read that its one of the best ways to do it.
http://kodi.tv/about - read the first two paragraphs please. also free content (wiki) what is the source of your music?
Its a few songs Ive made myself, but mostly downloaded songs.
I also know that kodi is a Home Media program, but Ive seen it has options for online sharing, and Ive seen others use it.
Options:

You can install kodi on an android phone if you want to play music on it.

Or you can share the music on your kodi computer via UPNP and use a upnp client on your phone.

Or you can sure the music on your kodi machine via smb and use an smb mounter on your phone

Also yatse may play music on the phone, it will with videos.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is it a definite no to my want? If so, any reccomendations for free programs that do what I need.
Get a subsonic license and call it a day
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-12-03, 04:31)killer22911 Wrote: Is it a definite no to my want? If so, any reccomendations for free programs that do what I need.
Google Play Music should do what you want, and the subscription version lets you get new music too
(2016-12-03, 18:17)Tippon Wrote: Google Play Music should do what you want, and the subscription version lets you get new music too

Yes, but can I stream it from hy desktop pc while I'm not home. Also, at this point, this is indeed irrelevant to the forum.

I guess not to waste my time, I'll just move on to other streming apps. I'll keep using kodi though, and actually plan on making a media cetrer just to use it more.
(2016-12-04, 05:19)killer22911 Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 18:17)Tippon Wrote: Google Play Music should do what you want, and the subscription version lets you get new music too

Yes, but can I stream it from hy desktop pc while I'm not home. Also, at this point, this is indeed irrelevant to the forum.

I guess not to waste my time, I'll just move on to other streming apps. I'll keep using kodi though, and actually plan on making a media cetrer just to use it more.

You run the Play Music program on your desktop too, and it uploads up to 50,000 songs to Google that you can then stream to your phone from their servers. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

As you say, this is no longer relevant to this forum, but good luck
(2016-12-04, 07:38)Tippon Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 05:19)killer22911 Wrote:

You run the Play Music program on your desktop too, and it uploads up to 50,000 songs to Google that you can then stream to your phone from their servers. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

As you say, this is no longer relevant to this forum, but good luck

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
/Android: How can I stream music over network to my Android phone?0