Congrats on the Retroplayer merge!
Rainbow 
Just wanted to say congrats on the inclusion of Retroplayer in the early stages of Kodi Version 18 master.

Having followed this project since the beginning I know how much work went into it and what an achievement it is to see it go in.

Well done Garbear, and all the others who helped along the way.

Now about that gaming database.... :p
Star 
This is a milestone indeed! Seems there are still 'some' conflicts with VP code, but dont let that spoil the party.... A round of champagne for garbear and all who helped the project forward! Smile
Thanks Smile I couldn't have done it without the years of support of everyone on the forum, from bug testing, to awesome idea suggestions, to constant nagging of "when will this be merged??1!?".

Also, kudos to the 13 other people who have contributed code over the years: Themaister, fetzerch, topfs2, eibma, a1rwulf, notspiff, h.udo, lrusak, elpendor, poisson, ChrisMyhre, acmiyaguchi and popcornmix.
I understand the code has been disabled for now. Will you move your focus to developing under version 18? So no more version 17 builds from now on?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-03, 11:57)Scourge Wrote: I understand the code has been disabled for now. Will you move your focus to developing under version 18? So no more version 17 builds from now on?

Controller stuff went into 17

Retro player will be in 18
(2016-12-03, 11:57)Scourge Wrote: I understand the code has been disabled for now. Will you move your focus to developing under version 18? So no more version 17 builds from now on?

Nothing's disabled. 100% of the code from my v17 builds is either in master or has been PRed against master. You just don't know how to access it Wink

Until now, in v18, for all practical purposes...

(2016-12-03, 12:00)Martijn Wrote: Image
Haha, fair enough! It'll be interesting to see how this 'minor bug fix' develops! Big Grin
Great news for a user from early "2006" like me who started all with the xbox. that's so exciting.
Thanks.
Peppe
When i installed xbmc as a dashboard on xbox first i didn't expected how will the wheel of history turn around in next over ten years. Back to the roots - gaming again.
Congrats for the merge in the master guys!!! This will be a BIG change of winds for xbmc :-)
Congratulations garbgear and all the people involved! Well done! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

One question... will ROMs be A) handled by a Kodi database or by B) plugins? If A), will plugins be able to access the database using (for example, to add new ROMs, etc.) using the JSON API?
both Wink
(2016-12-08, 14:13)ironic_monkey Wrote: both Wink

OK. I have spent quite some time over last year sorting out the database for games in Advanced Emulator Launcher and extending it to include a complete set of assets required for games/ROMs. It would be very beneficial for everyone if we combine efforts so if a new games database is implemented for Kodi core it somewhat follow what is already done by ROM/emulator plugins.
definitely. i'm sure that's being taken into consideration - the archive.org rom add-on has been working with retroplayer for a while i know so there should be lines of communication open already. afaik for now it's integrated in the 'other' way around - you use your add-on just as before, but instead of launching an external emu it launches with the internal ones.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Congrats on the Retroplayer merge!3