Android - ts file
Thanks for cleaning your system. Can you upload a file somewhere? I can test on a couple of Android systems...

BTW, what do you mean by "Phones and tablets Lenovo said he can not play back kodi ts files"? Has someone said that Kodi on Lenovo won't play ts? I have Lenovo tablets, so I can test that as well, but it's likely to be nonsense as ts is just a container...
I have a Lenovo Tablet A8-50.3g
Can you please try it on any tablet Lenovo plays for TS files?
Thank you very much.
Interesting... I've never used the Lenovo tablets for much, they're the kids' - so, it's a clean install of Kodi, and a test with a quick OTA DVB-S2 .ts recording.

Indeed, I get audio, no video: it just sits at the file selection menu with the audio playing. Cancelling out of that, and I get a garbage video screen, still with audio.

Re-wrap into mkv, same.
Re-record from DVB-T2, same.
Try in SPMC, same.
Turn off hardware acceleration, and they play - with buffering - but they play.
Try on a Hisense tablet, and it's all fine.

So it's clearly some dependency on Lenovo's H.264/mediacodec; it's not .ts-specific, anyway.

What's interesting is that I can play BR rips re-encoded via Handbrake with no problem - but I get inconsistent results if I try to play other OTA recordings (most of which have been passed through avidemux). So it's not a container issue, it's something about the stream and how it's identified/processed, I'd guess.

I'll look to see if I can get more details, but if you want to help get this nailed down I'd suggest trying with a beta of Kodi 17 first, to see if it's already been fixed. I know there are some OS updates due for some Lenovo tablets as well, so that's another angle.
I wanted to try kodi-17.0-Krypton_beta6-armeabi-v7a.apk
Can not be installed.
Parsing the package error occurred.

I do not mind kodi not play ts.
But can not přhravat IPTV field of taxation, and it is a big problem.
(2016-12-05, 09:14)BigSandy Wrote: I wanted to try kodi-17.0-Krypton_beta6-armeabi-v7a.apk
Can not be installed.
Parsing the package error occurred.

Your Lenovo is running Android 4.4.2 and Kodi 17 need at least Android 5.0
Moanbag is in da place!
I've opened a new thread to make it more specific to Krypton, as I can see issues there as well.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299260
At the moment, it looks like a Lenovo firmware bug - possibly carried between Android versions as well (you're on KitKat, I'm on Lollipop, and neither seem to work). There's a Marshmallow upgrade due for my tablets later this year, so we (I) may just have to wait unless there's a workaround...

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht501098

It looks like the A8-50 has been abandoned, however, so you may be out of luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android - ts file0