Galactic Stream
Question 
Has anyone had experience with a company that sells a "Kodi" product called Galactic Stream? They are located in Sioux City, Iowa.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!
This looks like a device providing illegal streaming based on Kodi with some unapproved addons. If you even watch the demo they are showing movies that aren't even released to the public yet you can watch. Stay away...
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Thank you for your quick reply. I am a recent "cord cutter" and, I must admit, it is hard to navigate all of the hardware, software and services available now. I am 67 years old so it is a little harder to evaluate all of these options. Right now I am using an antenna to receive OTA signals which is hooked up to a device that has DVR capabilities. I also have a Roku stick, a Fire TV stick and an Apple TV box (1st or second generation). I pay for Hulu and Amazon Prime and my wife subscribes to a channel called "Feeln" for two bucks a month. We have Comcast for high-speed internet and very basic cable. Finally, we pay for Sling TV (the service, not the box).

I think I have some redundancies and some gaps in our setup that I am constantly evaluating. Not to mention a headache from trying to stay on top of all the new developments, which are happening very fast (for me, at least).

Anyway, the Galactic box is going back today.

Thanks for your information!

P.S. Is there a way that I can post an "official" thank you on this site?
the galactic stream advertises free live tv and all movies sports, etc. in reality there live tv is very sporadic it is on one minute and not available at all the next, there is not tv guide so you cant know what is on without opening up the channel, they have been promising to fix the live tv for two weeks saying it would be in and out a few days, and sports has been the same way some days it works others it doesnt, they claim to offer tech support but i have submitted about 1 dozen requests with out a response over a 3 week period, i am sure some of the add on s a re illegal, but that is my opinion, they do have a good selection of movies but no discription of the movies. overall there are much better boxes with more working channels and much better support out there at even lower prices, buy somewhere else.
Avoid this please.

Sounds like a company breaching our trademark.

Kodi does NOT provide content.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-07-07, 08:09)captainwolfe Wrote: the galactic stream advertises free live tv and all movies sports, etc. in reality there live tv is very sporadic it is on one minute and not available at all the next, there is not tv guide so you cant know what is on without opening up the channel, they have been promising to fix the live tv for two weeks saying it would be in and out a few days, and sports has been the same way some days it works others it doesnt, they claim to offer tech support but i have submitted about 1 dozen requests with out a response over a 3 week period, i am sure some of the add on s a re illegal, but that is my opinion, they do have a good selection of movies but no discription of the movies. overall there are much better boxes with more working channels and much better support out there at even lower prices, buy somewhere else.

You're missing the point completely.

1)These boxes should not be sold with Kodi + add-ons in the first place.

2) It's likely the add-ons are piracy add-ons so you are consuming illegally distributed pirated content.

We have nothing to do with that here, you can do as you can do as you like but this forum is not the place to evaluate those "services" please.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Galactic Stream0