Using cron in libreelec
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out what file to edit to setup new cron jobs. Trying to get artwork downloader running on a schedule.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
crontab -e doesn't do anything?
(2016-12-03, 11:20)wellspokenman Wrote: crontab -e doesn't do anything?

Not sure what crontab-e is?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
'crontab -e'. Type this in to edit your scheduled jobs.'crontab -l' to list your jobs. Tutorial
(2016-12-03, 16:49)wellspokenman Wrote: 'crontab -e'. Type this in to edit your scheduled jobs.'crontab -l' to list your jobs. Tutorial

Thanks for the link but I don't think it's really related to Kodi. I haven't been able to find the control panel it describes. Not sure which addon to use? Which xml file do I type this into?
Crontab is a unix utility for scheduling jobs at the operating system level. You could use this to schedule a timed script that interacts with Kodi over JSON - have done this before and it works well; the API is well documented.

But, I think what you want is to schedule things inside of Kodi - this has nothing to do with cron jobs. Try this.
Yes. I want to run Artwork Downloader on a regular schedule. I always did this using the CronXBMC addon on my Mac, but this addon is very buggy on libreelec. I'll give the scheduler addon a shot. Is it in a repo? The file in Dropbox and the forum thread are both very old.
you can use texturecache utility to execute addons in a cronjob.

example:
Code:
30 6 * * * /storage/scripts/texturecache/texturecache.py exec script.toolbox info=builtin id='exportlibrary(video,true,false,true,false)'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using cron in libreelec0