Req Button to display full song info of playing song
The music DB has been spiffed up to handle lots of extra information and clicking Information in the context menu of a song list brings up a nice display showing all the information available about song, including roles etc. Furthermore a new skin is being developed, So now it is time to revive a feature request I made 5 years ago in trac.xbmc.org which was closed - "feature request are now handled through the XBMC forum". Aside: quite how anyone can track and handle anything in these forums is beyond me.

Bottom line I want an easy way to cause all the lovely song information to be displayed for the currently playing song when in full screen. My suggestion is to add a button to the OSD next to the Lyrics button. I refer to the OSD that appears when pressing 'm' on a keyboard that has prev, pause, stop & next buttons and controls for shuffle, displaying lyrics and setting visualization. This button would bring up the same song information panel shown by the context menu's Information button.

If you're in full screen now viewing this information requires navigating to a song list and bringing up the context menu. Too many clicks.

Note that I am referring to the full song information. I realize that minimal song information is already displayed in full screen by default or by pressing the 'i' key.
(2016-12-03, 10:52)msfc Wrote: ...So now it is time to revive a feature request I made 5 years ago in trac.xbmc.org which was closed - "feature request are now handled through the XBMC forum". Aside: quite how anyone can track and handle anything in these forums is beyond me.
It isn't easy, and finding a better way has been discussed from time to time. But floodling the bug reports in Trac with feature requests too would just make tracking those even harder, so I get why that ticket was closed.

I tried at one time to gather all the music requests together, but even that became too hard. And with only one guy doing the music work (me), time listing my work for the next decade just seemed too overwhelming. But I would be very happy for someone to summarize/manage that list - someone volunteered once and then vanished.

Quote:Bottom line I want an easy way to cause all the lovely song information to be displayed for the currently playing song when in full screen. My suggestion is to add a button to the OSD next to the Lyrics button. I refer to the OSD that appears when pressing 'm' on a keyboard that has prev, pause, stop & next buttons and controls for shuffle, displaying lyrics and setting visualization. This button would bring up the same song information panel shown by the context menu's Information button.

If you're in full screen now viewing this information requires navigating to a song list and bringing up the context menu. Too many clicks.

Note that I am referring to the full song information. I realize that minimal song information is already displayed in full screen by default or by pressing the 'i' key.

I agree with you, but before you get too excited because I am a team member I must point out that the UI side of things is mostly handled by others.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Button to display full song info of playing song0