Win Kodi 16.1 crashes when switching from window to full screen (even on clean install)
The title says it all. Not much else I can say, other than I often access the computer Kodi is running on through RDP to manage files etc, and mostly stream content from it to another instance of Kodi using UDP, As a result, Kodi is mostly running in windowed mode to make it easier to access over remote desktop. When I come back to it using the computer it's running on and switch it to full screen to watch something, it will invariably crash on me. After opening again it will switch to full screen fine.

Debug log is here: http://pastebin.com/qstTWcRZ
Well i find your log confusing, because you have edited stuff out, copied lines from another log, and so on, so its hard to see the full picture.
You should probably, make a new debug.log and this time leave the creative editing out.
Well perhaps some "TK" can make heads and tail from it Big Grin
Thank You
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Hmm, that's odd. Perhaps it's because I turned on debug logging after Kodi was opened and used for a bit, so it was regular logging and then more detailed debug logging after.
Anyway, I turned on debug logging and relaunched Kodi to be able to see the full story from the beginning. I've edited my post above to have the full debug log.

In trying to replicate the issue I've determined that the steps are as follows:
1. Launch Kodi in windowed mode through remote desktop
2. Switch to the computer Kodi is running on
3. Change from windowed mode to full screen mode

It doesn't crash when launching in windowed mode on the computer Kodi is running on, so it seems to have something to do with it being opened through remote desktop.
Just to add to this, I uninstalled Kodi (including deleting the app data folder), did a clean install and immediately repeated the above steps and it still crashes.
Seems like it doesn't have anything to do with what's in my debug log. In any case, I've updated the first post to have the debug log from the crash after a fresh install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 16.1 crashes when switching from window to full screen (even on clean install)0