location of library nodes
hello!
I have modified C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\library to add my own node.

Is there a place in userdata I can place this instead of using that dir? its also a problem to modify them on libreelec for example without hacks.

If you cant place them anywhere currently, then I add a feature request for letting them reside in userdata Smile
Yes. Make a directory 'library' inside 'userdata' if it doesn't already exist. Then two directories inside of that 'music' & 'video'. Then put your nodes in the appropriate directory. Or use the node editor (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor) which puts them there for you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-12-04, 16:45)black_eagle Wrote: Yes. Make a directory 'library' inside 'userdata' if it doesn't already exist. Then two directories inside of that 'music' & 'video'. Then put your nodes in the appropriate directory. Or use the node editor (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor) which puts them there for you.

ive tried two folloing locations
userdata/library/video/ownnode
userdata/library/ownnode

none of them works

edit: the library is for movies btw
to further explain what ive done is copied the movies directory and renamed it to ownnode and then changed it to my likeings.
It works if its under program files/kodi/system/library/video

im calling it from home.xml like this

include>WidgetGroupListCommon</include>
<include content="WidgetListCategories">
<param name="content_path" value="library://video/ownnode/"/>
<param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31148]"/>
<param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
<param name="list_id" value="215900"/>
<param name="visible" value="Library.HasContent(movies)"/>
</include>
You have to copy ALL the video nodes into userdata/library/video . See Video_nodes (wiki)
(2016-12-04, 17:49)black_eagle Wrote: You have to copy ALL the video nodes into userdata/library/video . See Video_nodes (wiki)

yes, I did that. movies directory is also there. Also the three xml files files right under library/videos

Custom music nodes in ~/.kodi/userdata/library/music I don't have any custom video nodes, just smart playlists but the music ones certainly work.

I didn't need to edit any skin files though to get them to show up, just entered the music library and there they were. Perhaps if you enter the video library as normal, your node will show up ?
hm ok, maybe its not meant to be used the way im trying to use it then
turned out you also need tv-shows which I didnt copy. thanks for all the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
location of library nodes0