v17 HDMI TV does not wake-up from poweroff with lirc/keyboard
Running v17 Beta6 on Arch Linux. When I setup the power savings to power down the HDMI connected TV after 5 min, it does go into standby mode, but it does not wake up with lirc input as v16 did. This box usually does not have a keyboard connected. I did connect one for testing and in this case, pressing the arrow keys does wake up the screen, but the screensaver is frozen and I cannot see the GUI.

Full debug log.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Retry with the modesetting driver please instead of the intel xorg driver - does that work?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch. Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking in the Arch repos for that package 'modeset' but finding nothing... What might that driver be called? For reference, currently using: xf86-video-intel 1:2.99.917+736+gbde9460-1

Kodi is started via this systemd.service:
Code:
% cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/kodi.service
[Unit]
Description=Starts instance of Kodi using xinit
After=systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target mysqld.service
[email protected]

[Service]
User=kodi
Group=kodi
PAMName=login
TTYPath=/dev/tty7
ExecStart=/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
Restart=on-abort
StandardInput=tty

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Just remove the xf86-video-intel driver it should fallback to the modesetting driver which is shipped with xorg.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch - Removing the driver follow by a reboot rendered kodi unable to start without first creating /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config that contains "needs_root_rights = yes" to use this driver.

Unfortunately, using it did not help the issue: lirc still does not wake and hitting a key on the board does wake, but leaves the screensaver in a frozen state. Complete debug log using the modesetting driver.
Oki, then nothing I can do for you. Can you verify the same issue happens with LibreELEC (Milhouse builds)?
I will try putting a build onto a spare partition and testing. I have never used this distro before so I just grabbed the latest tarball and will figure it out... LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20161204210243-#1204-gba84b5c.

Stay tuned.
I first tested on the official image (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.90.008) off the USB in live mode. I cannot configure lirc (don't see where or how) but I did:
1) Set the dim screensaver.
2) Set the TV to sleep in 5 min.

3 times in a row, the HDMI cut the signal to the TV as expected and woke up with a keypress on the keyboard. LibreELEC.kodi.log (I could only enable debugging once the GUI started since it's on the USB).

I rebooted into my Arch install and:
1) Set the dim screensaver (not the digital clock screensaver I originally used).
2) Set the TV to sleep in 5 min.
3) Using the modesetting driver not intel driver as I was originally.

3 times in a row lirc could wake up (took 2-3 button presses) and the screensaver was not crashed.

Conclusion: Either the digital clock screensaver + intel driver or the digital clock screensaver by itself was causing the problem all along.

Thank you for the help, fritsch.
LibreELEC uses the intel driver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI TV does not wake-up from poweroff with lirc/keyboard0