Possible to schedule screen on/off times?
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a plugin to schedule screen on/off times?

I run Kodi Standalone on Arch Linux with LightDM used as an Auto-Login system for my Kodi user.

I know that this can be done using a shell script and Xorg Power Saving directly using a cron job however, I'm just wondering if there is any helper/scheduler app / extension for this?

Many Thanks.
(2016-12-06, 01:40)JohnnySSH Wrote: I'm wondering if there is a plugin to schedule screen on/off times?

Not to my knowledge.

(2016-12-06, 01:40)JohnnySSH Wrote: I run Kodi Standalone on Arch Linux with LightDM used as an Auto-Login system for my Kodi user.

You have no need for lightdm if you use kodi-standalone-service from the AUR.

(2016-12-06, 01:40)JohnnySSH Wrote: I know that this can be done using a shell script and Xorg Power Saving directly using a cron job however, I'm just wondering if there is any helper/scheduler app / extension for this?

This is my recommendation for you or just a simple ssh into the box and `sudo shutdown -h xxx`
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Thanks @graysky for the response

Quote:You have no need for lightdm if you use kodi-standalone-service from the AUR.

I did initially but it created a "kodi" user instead of what I use.... perhaps it's just a case of editing it in the systemd script or so??

Quote:This is my recommendation for you or just a simple ssh into the box and `sudo shutdown -h xxx`

Yeah, I don't want to turn the machine off... just the display as in Settings -> System -> Power -> Put screen to sleep after (x) time

So if I could say wake the display at a set time then put it to sleep at a set time that would be great.

Looking here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dis..._Signaling

it's probably the "xset" option that I need.....

[EDIT]

yep a bit of digging up (man) pages:

Code:
xset dpms force off
xset dpms force on

is what am looking for :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to schedule screen on/off times?0