Strange folder sharing issue Win 10 ----> Linux
Even though I'm running Kodi on a Linux machine, I'm having a weird issue with a Windows (10) share (which is why I posted this question in the Windows section). As I'm sure everyone knows, getting sharing to properly work is a chore with Windows 10 & even though I have everything working, I have to RE-SHARE the folder every time new files are added to it or else Kodi will not see the newly added files (it will only see the files that were already in the folder). Currently using Kodi version 15.2 but planning on upgrading to Jarvis today. Any help is appreciated.
Highlight folder to share, click the 'share tab' in the explorer window, choose sharing option.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2016-12-08, 12:30)levi.baker88 Wrote: Highlight folder to share, click the 'share tab' in the explorer window, choose sharing option.

Obviously I know how to share a folder. Did u read the issue I am having?
Do you update the Kodi Libraries/Databases when you add files to your share?

On my Kodi boxes, I have the Music and Video libraries update automatically on startup and
cleaned on startup.

I also have the Watchdog Addon installed which watches my Kodi sources and updates them as they
change.
(2016-12-11, 05:40)J876 Wrote: Do you update the Kodi Libraries/Databases when you add files to your share?

On my Kodi boxes, I have the Music and Video libraries update automatically on startup and
cleaned on startup.

I also have the Watchdog Addon installed which watches my Kodi sources and updates them as they
change.

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough in my question. The shared folder I am referring to is not part of the video library.
(2016-12-13, 02:03)jz1276 Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 05:40)J876 Wrote: Do you update the Kodi Libraries/Databases when you add files to your share?

cleaned on startup.

change.

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough in my question. The shared folder I am referring to is not part of the video library. The folder is on my Windows 10 PC. Whenever I add files/folders to the shared folder, Kodi does not see the newly added files/folders until I re-share the folder.
(2016-12-06, 09:49)jz1276 Wrote: As I'm sure everyone knows, getting sharing to properly work is a chore with Windows 10 & even though I have everything working

(2016-12-10, 23:15)jz1276 Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 12:30)levi.baker88 Wrote: Highlight folder to share, click the 'share tab' in the explorer window, choose sharing option.

Yes you seemed to think it was a chore, highlighting the fact that it isn't.

You seem to be skating around exactly what you are trying to share. List the directory of the folder you are trying to share, or what you are trying to share, what you are trying to share from, how you have Kodi setup, have you tried installing Kodi on the Windows PC to see if it updates? Maybe even a debug log might help.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2016-12-13, 14:34)levi.baker88 Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 09:49)jz1276 Wrote: As I'm sure everyone knows, getting sharing to properly work is a chore with Windows 10 & even though I have everything working

(2016-12-10, 23:15)jz1276 Wrote:

Yes you seemed to think it was a chore, highlighting the fact that it isn't.

You seem to be skating around exactly what you are trying to share. List the directory of the folder you are trying to share, or what you are trying to share, what you are trying to share from, how you have Kodi setup, have you tried installing Kodi on the Windows PC to see if it updates? Maybe even a debug log might help.

IMO, file sharing on Windows 10 is unnecessarily complicated unlike older versions, but that's besides the point.

Yes, I have Kodi installed on my Windows machine and I do not have this problem with it.

The shared folder I am referring to is located on the internal hard drive in my Windows 10 P C (D:\utorrent\Complete).

The folder contains mostly movies (mkv, mp4, etc), not that it matters because Kodi will not show ANY newly added files or folders inside the shared folder until I RE-SHARE the folder.

Like I said, the folder is not part of my video library. The video library updates fine and there arent any issues with it.

As far as your question how I have Kodi set up, it is running on a HTPC, a Zotac Zbox, running Kodi for Linux.

I just recently updated to Jarvis and the issue persists.

I will post debug if necessary.

I have always shared this folder & it's is a fairly new problem.
I think I fixed this problem in case anyone ends up here having the same issue. I was sharing the entire drive. Once I stopped sharing it (and ONLY shared the folder(s)), everything worked as it should.
(2016-12-20, 11:59)levi.baker88 Wrote:

What is the point you are trying to make?
So I thought I had solved this problem buyt I was wrong. I added two new files to the shared folder & neither of them showed up until I "re-shared" the folder. I am stumped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange folder sharing issue Win 10 ----> Linux0