Linux Simple question - how do I install VDR??
Just wondering how you install VDR in linux mint sarahx64?
Can find lots of info about vdr but nothing that actually tells you how to install it, without a computer degree... Maybe I'm missing something...
thanks
Simple answer - install TVHeadend, 'cause you're not going to get much help here.
Pity....
Your question is not related to VDR or TVH. You are asking for the basics of Linux. How you install an application on Linux depends on your Linux distribution. Let's try this:
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux+mint+vdr
(first hit)

Another option is LibreElec or OpenElec. All packages are already installed.
(2016-12-08, 15:57)FernetMenta Wrote: Your question is not related to VDR or TVH. You are asking for the basics of Linux. How you install an application on Linux depends on your Linux distribution. Let's try this:
(first hit)

Thanks a lot for that. If I had been installing VDR 5 years ago, this MAY have been very helpful....
Unfortunately, I am trying to install it NOW, and it maybe is not quite so informative, particularly as it has very little information on HOW to configure, and is fairly well useless in explaining this with the current versions... Funny how technology progresses, isn't it.
Possibly still great for how to install the app, but, unfortunately, after installation, it still needs CONFIGURATION....
You're a star!
(2016-12-09, 12:29)hornetster Wrote:
(2016-12-08, 15:57)FernetMenta Wrote: Your question is not related to VDR or TVH. You are asking for the basics of Linux. How you install an application on Linux depends on your Linux distribution. Let's try this:
(first hit)

Thanks a lot for that. If I had been installing VDR 5 years ago, this MAY have been very helpful....
Unfortunately, I am trying to install it NOW, and it maybe is not quite so informative, particularly as it has very little information on HOW to configure, and is fairly well useless in explaining this with the current versions... Funny how technology progresses, isn't it.
Possibly still great for how to install the app, but, unfortunately, after installation, it still needs CONFIGURATION....
You're a star!

This is a Kodi forum not a Linux forum, specifically for the Kodi VDR client.

You are looking for somebody to give you a basic understanding of the VDR server and it's setup. This is the wrong place for that.

This is also the wrong place for your entitled attitude. Some kind might have actually bothered to point you in the right direction (and one did) if not for your snidey comment in post #2 after only waiting 2 days for a response.

If you want good support try treating the community with respect.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple question - how do I install VDR??0