TVDB Scraper Randomly Failing to Find Shows
Recently I've started having a consistent problem where the TVDB scraper seems to at random fail to find the proper show, despite multiple refreshes, deleting/re-adding sources etc. etc. I've tried to follow the naming conventions to a T, and regardless I don't think that's the problem. At first I had several shows that would scan perfectly, while others would display nothing and/or partial information for some random TV show. So I double-checked the names, added/re-added them, no effect. I then tried a complete re-install of Kodi (latest beta) and re-scanned the whole TV library. Now some of the shows that wouldn't scan before scanned perfectly, but others that had previously worked returned the wrong info. Then I thought it might be a problem with the Beta, so I reverted to the stable build (16.1) and scanned the whole library again and got yet another random mix of working/non-working TV shows. As far as I can tell there's no rhyme or reason to when/why shows will work, so I'm curious as to whether anyone else has encountered this.

ETA: OK, well, a potential work around at least. Don't know why it didn't occur to me in 17, but after deleting the wrong show from my library I went into Videos/Files/TV Library/TV Show X folder and chose "scan for new content" and it seemed to work. As a test, I deleted the whole folder, re-added it, same scanning problem. Deleted the wonky ones, scan for new content individually, and voila. So maybe the problem is just with scanning a batch of shows at once?
It happens to me as well and I really don't understand. When I go to Videos/Files/TV Library/TV Show X folder/TV Show information the show is correctly identified. it's not an identification issue. But Kodi doesn't produce a thumbnail picture to identify the show nor is the show present in the main TV Shows menu.

How do you delete a show from your library?
I'm not going to say I never had issues with scrapers or database issues, A lot of shows have the same name or close to it and I've found a quick web peek at the TVdb listing of the show has saved me countless amounts of time. https://thetvdb.com/?tab=advancedsearch (bookmark this one) the usual catch is adding the date to the title, perhaps changing colons to a minus sign, comma or adding some extra identifiable wording. Using TheReanmer usually works perfectly, but depending on which meta-database you're using, the naming doesn't always necessarily follow the listing in the TVdb scraper.

@tri2002 I use the internal Kodi delete, if it's a just added show without any extras, but once the show has been established with extras in all areas, I'll use the manual o/s 'delete' and Kodi's clean-up.
Many thanks, great help!
Just in case this pops up in somebody's search, I had the problem re-occur (random art/no title despite proper naming of folder/files and selecting the right show in the manual search) and the delete/re-add trick didn't seem to help (though oddly 3/4 attempts produced different wrong artwork). Rather than futzing around, just followed the directions here (http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/tvshows) and plopped in a .nfo with the URL to the show listing on thetvdb.com and boom, done. I'd still be curious to know what's going wrong with the automatic search, but way better than just OCD shuffling and naming files for an hour!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Randomly Failing to Find Shows0