Skipping over a program change in LiveTV
It seems that ff/rew near and over a program change works pretty reliable. Would it be possible to make skipping more reliable also?
Skipping forward over a program change don't work. And if you skip the other way, backwards over a program change, you actually get over, but then ff/rew is messed up and wont work. (You still can't skip forward over the program change) It looks like they work, but then you press play again you are at the same location as if you had used normal playback. And now when ff is messed up all you can do is look at normal playback speed or exit and restart LiveTV.

Don't know what kind of logs that could be useful, but I produce the logs if necessary.
The addon shows to kodi only one big "file". Which is the concatenation of programs.
Since jarvis or isengard, i can t remember, that issue exists because kodi matches current show with the epg retrieving the program length and start time to improve seeking.
In fact it is not reliable with the addon and seeking over program change is now messed. It worked well with gotham and helix. I tried to fix by biasing the behavior without success until now.
Is there anything you could do or should I raise the problem in some other part of the forum? Or is it a known problem that some core developer is looking into?
The addon provides two modes :
1 - no demuxing
2 - handles demuxing

Testing kodi krypton beta 6 with demuxing enabled it seems to work: i can backward to previous programs.
I will test this evening without demuxing.
(2016-12-09, 20:46)janbar Wrote: The addon provides two modes :
1 - no demuxing
2 - handles demuxing

Testing kodi krypton beta 6 with demuxing enabled it seems to work: i can backward to previous programs.
I will test this evening without demuxing.

When you say backward, do you use REW or skip back f.ex. 5 minutes? I looked at my settings and had demuxing enabled, and skipping back to previous show is very unreliable. And I don't find that REW back to previous show is that much better. It often works, but have some strange effects. But you can often continue to watch and don't need to exit LiveTV like you have to do when skipping. And if you manage to REW back to previous show, you can't skip forward to the LiveTV point. Even if you try you get back to the same position that you started from, plus 2-3 seconds.

I will try with demuxing disabled also.
No report yet with demuxing disabled over a program change.

But with it disabled FF/REW works pretty bad even within LiveTV. Or maybe I should say that the current position is "crazy". With REW 2x, the current position is actually counting forward. And with FF, if you get to the end of the LiveTV buffer, FF continues and the current position goes beyond the end of the program, until you press play, then it jumps back to the correct value. Playback should be resumed when you get to the end of the LiveTV buffer.

With demuxing enabled and doing REW within the same LiveTV show, the current position jumps like crazy also, even though it does decrease. But it does jump up/down around +-5 seconds every update. So you don't really know where you are in the stream, sometimes it even shows 00:00:00. But still the same problem when doing FF, even when at the end of the LiveTV buffer FF continues and increase the current position until you resume playback.

Maybe concentrate on getting FF/REW working like it should within one LiveTV buffer before looking into what happens on a program change? But maybe they are all connected and finding one problem will help solving the rest. But I'm no developer so I don't know if there is anything you can do janbar in the addon, or if this is a core problem in Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping over a program change in LiveTV0