• 1(current)
v17 Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]
IMPORTANT: This thread is for Kodi Krypton (v17) only. Please do not post bug reports if you are using a version of Kodi that is not Krypton.

watch gallery

Pellucid is a light, clean and carefully designed Kodi skin that is focussed on family living room setups.
It has a low memory footprint and performs very well on low power devices such as the Raspberry Pi 3.

Features:
- Full PVR support.
- Menu customisation using the "Skin Shortcuts" addon.
- Movie showcase: Unique to Pellucid, the movie information screen makes maximum use of any extra fanart sourced via the artwork downloader addon.
- Artist slideshow support.
- Support for the Rom Collection Browser addon.

Pellucid is available through the official Kodi repository.

Github for latest code: https://github.com/chrisbevan/skin.pellucid
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
First time posting so I do apologise if this turns out to be the wrong place to post this!

Using Kodi Beta 6 atm

Was a bit awkward installing this skin thought it may be my setup but I did a complete clean install too. Picking it from the Kodi or your deadman repo just said it failed to install the way i got it working was to download it from your github and copy the folder in to the addons folder

Is there presently or will there be in the future any way to change the TV Show/Video add-on views? The movies section look neat in the the poster style but everything else shows in the 'list' type

I've noticed while turning down/up the volume there seems to be a speaker icon that fades/loads in but overlaps with the numbers. I thought it might be to do with my laptop screen res but the same thing happens on my tv too
http://imgur.com/a/BMv9r

Is there no seek bar? Positive I remember seeing one on an older release using jarvis
http://imgur.com/aCagG05

One other issue so far with this skin something minor. The skin has several times tried to update it self on startup of Kodi only to do nothing. Checking the add-on section under settings It shows that there is one available update from your repo (1.0.1) and the other from the Kodi repo (1.0.0) selecting the either returns the 'xbmc gui dependency 5.10.0...' error

Other than it's been awesome works on my other devices smoothly and very snappy too!
Hi,

I really like this skin, the layout, its clean and works well. Good job!

I'm sure these are works in progress, but I'll list them anyway.

1. No submenu?
Cannot change the menu items on the left sideblade within windows, even though there is an option to do so.
Main menu is configurable and works fine though.

2. OSD PVR when pressing up/down to change channels, the info dialog doesn't show.

3. No OSDchannels dialog

4. No alternate colours... While pink looks good, it's still pink. Would be good to have some other colours to choose from

5. Option to turn off the spin animation on icons etc... It just doesn't look right and is a little tacky.

Keep up the great work!
Will be keeping an eye on this one.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Hi Noshami, Loggio,

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the feedback.

Quote:Is there presently or will there be in the future any way to change the TV Show/Video add-on views?

I won't be adding user selectable views, but may revise the tv show section in future. In my experience, Video addons are just too unpredictable to move beyond a simple list view.

Quote:speaker icon that fades/loads in but overlaps with the numbers

Definite bug - well spotted!

Quote:Is there no seek bar?

There should be... I'll check and fix if required

Quote:The skin has several times tried to update it self on startup of Kodi only to do nothing...

That's my stupid fault, sorry. The original Jarvis version on my repo has a higher version number than the Krypton version on the official repo. The next update will cure that.

Quote:Cannot change the menu items on the left sideblade within windows

Yes - not intentional. There have been a few teething problems with the skin shortcuts addon i'm using that will be fixed shortly.

Quote:OSD PVR when pressing up/down / No OSDchannels dialog

Those aspects have not been included yet as they are not functions i've ever used. I'll see if I can get them skinned for the next update.

Quote:No alternate colours...

Changing the colour is really straightforward, so I'll be adding some extra choices very soon. If there is a particular colour that you think works well, please do let me know.

Quote:Option to turn off the spin animation on icons etc... It just doesn't look right and is a little tacky.

It's a personal thing, I rather like them the way they are :-) Having said that, if they make lower powered devices suffer, i'll include them in the existing option that reduces animation use across the skin.

Cheers,
theDeadman
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
V1.0.2 released with:
- Extra colour themes
- Bug fixes
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi,

I just moved to Krypton RC1 today and was happy to see that my favourite skin is also available to Krypton. However I have a issue - when I click on videos or music nothing happens. I tried to recover default menu items but no luck. With Krypton default skin everything works.

Using Ubuntu + Linux on Intel NUC.

Tried to unistall and reinstall add-on, but no luck

Edit: Assigned Videos to the Video item manually and now it kinda works. If you click it first time it get's you in the right view, when you exit and click videos again then it shows some kind of movie view with 8 items but without any graphics. If you move left then the video menu (latest, movies, tv, etc..) is visible and if you click something from there it works. So the issue is with clicking videos from the start screen which leads you in some blank list.
martin
What a great skin! Clean and simple! I am running it on Krypton V17 Beta 6 on Amazon Fire TV.
When viewing the library and setting it to "hide watched" the list of shows view still shows the TOTAL number of shows instead of the number of unwatched shows.
For example I have about 16 episodes of Monk left to watch. Your list shows several hundred because its showing the total number all episodes instead of just the ones I haven't watched.

Having trouble explaining this but I hope you get it Smile

Also just being picky but I would love to have the weather on the home screen with the time and date.

Thanks!
is this skin customizable? want my own headings for my own sections.

hope you can make that happen because i dont see an obvious way of how to do it.

looking for something simple like this..hopefully u can make it happen and please if possible have an option to remove that back button or hide parent directory. my folks are old and always end up going back so far they come back to the addons and corrupt them some way. figure if i can stop that from happening, it would be much less of a headache.

thanks and hope u keep working on this.
Quote:when I click on videos or music nothing happens

This appears to be a bug related to the skin shortcuts addon that builds the menus (or more likely, my implementation of it). I'm working to fix it now.

In the meantime, if you're comfortable with the Kodi filesystem you can effect a fix this way:

[delete]
addons/skin.pellucid
addons/script.skinshortcuts
addons/packages/script-skinshortcuts (if exists)
userdata/skin.pellucid
userdata/script.skinshortcuts

reboot, then reinstall pellucid from the repo. That should pull through the latest version of skin shortcuts, which will then rebuild the menu.

Quote:When viewing the library and setting it to "hide watched" the list of shows view still shows the TOTAL number of shows instead of the number of unwatched shows.

I'll take a look at this - thanks for reporting!

Quote:I would love to have the weather on the home screen with the time and date.

Yep, i'll include that in the next update.

Quote:is this skin customizable? want my own headings for my own sections.

Yes and (possibly) no. You can change the titles in the side menu for sure (keep pushing left on the home screen, hit 'edit menu items'. Pick the item you want then select 'set label'. I will need to check whether a change to a menu title changes it across the skin. I suspect not. I'll see what I can do with that!

Quote:an option to remove that back button or hide parent directory

I truly wish I could set this as a default! To hide parent directory:

***make sure settings level is 'expert'***

Settings->Library settings->general->show parent items [off]
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Love the skin. Probably the best I've seen in years but I hate how the TV Shows look. I would love to be able to use the Movies look and feel (posters) in TV Shows as well, instead of that simple listing. That would make me switch 100% from the current skins I am using.
Thanks @dogzipp. I agree that the tvshows listing needs a little more love. I may well bring back a poster based style for that in the next update.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Looking forward to it then.
Firstly: Very nice skin! It's been my skin for a week now and I have a few suggestions:
- I think it would be nice if we had a button to bring up the progress bar without pausing the video (menu or enter)
- As mentioned above some other TV Show views
- The buttons in the latest content section are missing when opening the panel for the first time (they become visible when opening the panel for a second time)
- Option to show some widgets on the home screen menu (After pressing left show the appropriate widgets on the right side)
- Letter feedback for fast scrolling in Movies/TV shows/Music views
- Maybe change the font color and size in the music album view to a solid white and smaller size
- Support for the nextup notification service

Keep up the good work!!
Thanks @dadebue, glad you like it. Feedback is always welcomed. I'll take all your points on board.

Poster view for TV shows is now done and will be included in the next update.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Perfect! Forget about the progress bar point, I just accidentally figured that a long press of the pause button brings up a nice info overlay...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]2