Can anyone confirm this problem I'm having?
Sad 
Ok, here's my example.

I have a source under 'My Videos'. The source is "Cartoons" (my kids love me!)

The "Cartoons" source pulls from two locations, one-a folder on the xbox harddrive, and two- a folder on my terminal server.

I want to add a location from the Joox NET plugin. I go to 'Edit Source', add a location, go to video plugins, click Joox NET, and browse down to the 'cartoons' folder of joox. ADD, OK. Everything seems good.

Now I go to 'My Videos' and to the "Cartoons" source. Great! I can see content from all three sources! YAY!

PROBLEM: When I turn off the xbox and turn it back on. I loose the joox source that I just added. Only the two original locations are shown. Going to 'edit source' just show the two original locations. Running Joox NET by itself works just fine. Newest t3ch version being used.

Can anyone duplicate or give me some info on this problem?
I'm curious to see if the changes you're making to the Video source are actually getting written to your sources.xml file. Can you check that? You find it in the USerData folder inside of your XBMC install location.
Catchy Signature Here
I wondered that also. Seems like it would have to be changing the xml to work at all, but not saving it for some reason? I'll check and give some more info when I get home. Maybe I'll have to manully edit....hmmm.
joebrady Wrote:Ok, here's my example.

I have a source under 'My Videos'. The source is "Cartoons" (my kids love me!)

The "Cartoons" source pulls from two locations, one-a folder on the xbox harddrive, and two- a folder on my terminal server.

I want to add a location from the Joox NET plugin. I go to 'Edit Source', add a location, go to video plugins, click Joox NET, and browse down to the 'cartoons' folder of joox. ADD, OK. Everything seems good.

Now I go to 'My Videos' and to the "Cartoons" source. Great! I can see content from all three sources! YAY!

PROBLEM: When I turn off the xbox and turn it back on. I loose the joox source that I just added. Only the two original locations are shown. Going to 'edit source' just show the two original locations. Running Joox NET by itself works just fine. Newest t3ch version being used.

Can anyone duplicate or give me some info on this problem?

There seem to have been some changes in the way video sources are added in
this build. I did not notice this problem after the install last night, but the procedure
you describe is not the one I use. I understand "ADD" to be used only when MORE
THAN ONE source is to be added at a time. I would describe the sequence as
follows: Add Source (from the video page, not any context menu, which is where
Edit Source is found), Browse, navigate to source, OK, and then, I think, one more OK.

The first OK was causing me trouble last night with the new build, because the
OK/cancel has been moved from the right side of the screen (where it was reached
with the right-arrow button) to the bottom-left of the screen (where it is reached
with the left-arrow button).

Anyway, SleepyP is right - the first thing to find out is if your sources.xml file
really contains your new source. Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

OH, WAIT A MINUTE, I just noticed something. I think with plugins you want
to add Joox Net as the source, not the Cartoons folder. I have some vague memory
of this. Unbehagen would know for sure.
I will try that too. Listing the joox cartoon folder first and then adding my local folders in the second and third location slots. I'll see if it makes a difference.

Just some notes: I did try this with other sources too i.e. my "documentaries" and "music videos" sources.

Also, had this problem with the last xbmc build, was just hoping this one would fix it....
Ok, listing the joox folder as a media location first does not change anything. It works until the xbox is rebooted, just like before.

I checked the sources.xml and it does get updated when adding a media location to a souce. But after reboot it is gone.

So...I copied and pasted the entry for the joox folder and manually edited the xml. The edited xml stays edited after reboot, xbmc does not show the addition. If you go to 'edit source' the added location is not shown, even tho the line is still in the xml.

I'm at a loss here. If I'm not being clear, let me know.
Ok, listing the joox folder as a media location first does not change anything. It works until the xbox is rebooted, just like before.

I checked the sources.xml and it does get updated when adding a media location to a souce. But after reboot it is gone.

So...I copied and pasted the entry for the joox folder and manually edited the xml. The edited xml stays edited after reboot, but xbmc does not show the addition. If you go to 'edit source' the added location is not shown, even tho the line is still in the xml.

I'm at a loss here. If I'm not being clear in my descriptions, let me know.
sorry for the double post...how do you edit post?
Sounds like you are running under a different profile and there is some issues with it updating the correct profiles' sources.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:
fixed: multipath sources that included a plugin path would not work after a restart, thanks jmarshall

fixed in svn
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
just a note, i don't run any other profiles. Luckily the kids aren't old enough to get on there, yet....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can anyone confirm this problem I'm having?1