Best settings for Windows 7 HTPC
I have looked around the forums a bunch and every does things a little different. My setup is as follows.
Windows 7 64bit using intel HD4600 graphics
HDMI to Denon AMP then HDMI to Vizio TV
I set my computer resolution to 1920x1080
Refresh rate is at 60p (I have other options, 23 or 24hz, as well as 60i instead of 60p) * should I leave it at 60p?
When I start a movie, my screen turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on to the movie.

I set Quantization range to full and left full range in kodi as well.
I turned of IT content and set aspect ratio to 16:9

Set color depth to 32bit and enabled YCbCr

Standard color correction - application settings
Input range - application settings
Total color correction - disabled

Any suggestion on any settings to change to get the best possible video from my setup?

For Audio my kodi settings are:
Number of channels 5.1
Output config- best matched
stero up - disabled
maintain orig vol- enabled
resample quality- medium
keep audio - always
Enable DSP- disabled
Enable Passthrough- yes
DD - yes
DTS- yes

Any suggestion on the audio part? Thank you for any suggestions!!!

Cheers!
Whatever works for you is best for you. Pretty hard for someone that doesn't own the very equipment you have and software set-up to advise this or that. Video levels and color space (wiki) is a great wiki that discusses the colour space. For the most part 60fps would seem the way to go, although some film purists appreciate 24fps in honour of old projectors and film cameras, and claim it brings a certain 'movie' quality, while 60fps can induce some motion issues in some hardware (adjust display refresh rate is a setting). Progressive scanning is a preferred option over interlace for source material, but if you're stuck with an interlace source then the de-interlacer choice would depend on the hardware. Changing resolution or scan rates will on some systems take a moment to refresh.
Perfect, thanks PatK!
Not to add confusion here, but these are my settings with Intel HD5500 graphics for correct color gamut:

Kodi - limited (16-256)

Intel driver settings:

Quantization Range - Full
YCbCr - Off
Video Input Range - Application Setting

Turn off all noise reduction and skin tone modifications and contrast enhancers.

Samsung tv HDMI Black level - Low

This gives me a "crushed" PC desktop on the TV, but the Kodi GUI looks right, and all the AVS HD 709 test files (as well as test files ripped from the Disney WOW calibration Blu Ray) look perfect with very minor tweaking of brightness / contrast within Kodi, with "blacker-than-black" and "whiter-than-white" visible if I wanted them to be. Also, the gradient test files look smooth, without "steps".

The TV itself was first "calibrated" with the Disney WOW disc playing from blu ray player.

You can go crazy chasing these adjustments around, but if you are happy with your current settings then that's all that matters.

Although you could try my settings and see if you like the results (insert evil laugh here...)

AVS HD Calibration files
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Thanks whysoserious! Ill give that a try when I get home and see how it goes, really appreciate the input!

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best settings for Windows 7 HTPC0