Video Player settings python access
Hi!

Recently my ISP started to broadcast iptv using multicast.
In order to overcome multicast-inability of my xbox, I've put together simple video plugin to switch input of broadcast relay on router to desired channel address and direct output to xbox ip.

Working great! Thanks for fabulous plugin feature! Big Grin

Now the problem that i'm having is that ts stream is interlaced and the best way looking in Interlace Handling -> Deinterlace (turn to slideshow - loosing to many frames in Auto Select), while pretty much all other content that I'm watching is "laddered" heavily in this mode and better off with Interlace Handling -> None or Auto Select.

Is there a way of tweaking that setting from python script? Or tweaking this setting in "default for all videos"? I can do it before playing the IPTV stream and switching it back afterwards?

If not - is it possible to implement, please (or is it too much to ask)? Huh

Thank you!
nope, but auto select should work fine for most of the time, it uses bob when stream indicates it's interlaced but can missdetect it sometimes.

also is the stream url for playback the same all the time? if it is, setting the osd for that stream should really keep the setting till next time you start it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:nope, but auto select should work fine for most of the time, it uses bob when stream indicates it's interlaced but can missdetect it sometimes.

also is the stream url for playback the same all the time? if it is, setting the osd for that stream should really keep the setting till next time you start it.

Thank you for prompt reply!

Auto Select with udp TS streams that I'm getting working strange for some reason - framerate is suffering, too many late frames.

Also, url is the same for all channels, but settings are not preserved. Even if I'm stopping channel and immediately starting it again, what I "Set as default for all movies" is used instead. Maybe it's because I'm not adding url to playlist before playing it (yet)? I'm just calling xbmc.Player().play("udp://@:5001")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Player settings python access0