Media Manager running in background for Kodi Library
Hi! I'm trying to ease the pain of Kodi to get movies info (using Universal Movie Scrapper + TVDB) and artworks (using Artwork Downloader) by getting a Media Manager running in background on my computer... In my way of thinking, I would like this Media Manager to write .nfo files and artworks within each library directories and then configure Kodi to only use local .nfo files and artworks (in Artwork Downloader: Use local images) rather than scrapping new movies.

Is there such a media manager available?
I know this is totally possible doing it manually: Launch the media manager, refresh... But I would like it to run in background, once set up, no need to pop up the GUI again except to do modifications!

Thanks
Ember Media Manager has CLI access and I haven't had to see the gui in close to 8 months with DAILY usage. It doesn't run in the background or anything, but a simple double click of a bat file and everything is handled. Media Companion also has CLI access, but I wasn't a fan of the way it worked. Ember also has an option to sync directly to a running kodi instance so you wouldn't even have to trigger any kind of update inside kodi, ember will manage it all. Can't comment more on that option as I don't use it.
Wow thanks for the answer! Indeed I don't know about CLI access, what is it? Using a bat file to start a library scan could be neat, indeed I would like to make this totally transparently... A movie added to my Movie folder? Update. A movie deleted? Update. And some random updates every once in a while to refresh IMDB ratings and stuff that may change from time to times.

Also, thanks to a plugin (for Plex) it would also be the Plex library (that would be synced to an external Kodi setup) making them synced alltogether

The reason why I don't want to use the local Kodi scraper (on top of the fact that it doesn't write the .nfo+artwork files within the movie folder) is that I'm somewhat unsatisfied by its results (The Movie Database, Universal Movie Scrapper or the TVDB) and also by the lack of options given by Plex or Emby about scraping.

EDIT: Ember Media Manager seems to be the best choice! I can actually make a .bat file to my desktop to refresh my library as you said plus put a .bat file for when I start Windows (in case I reboot it, it runs as a server so chances are low) and a .bat runing periodically (let's say once a day)

I think that would do the trick, thanks !
Indeed I wonder, would the movies infos refresh by themselves within Kodi if an edit is done to the .nfo file from Ember Media Manager? Like IMDb ratings/Top 250 for exemple
It depends upon your setup. If you have a single install of Kodi, then yes, you can make any of the Media Managers update that version of Kodi. However, if you have multiple, you will have to manually (or through an add-on), update each one (except the main one your Media Manager will update).

I myself use MediaElch, which doesn't automatically update newly updated Movies or TV shows, you have to run a scan on your library in MediaElch, then it will pick up the new stuff, and you can update a single Kodi install. For my other Kodi installs (I have 3 around the house), I have setup a cron within Kodi, to perform a Library Update, then an hour later a Library Clean, at 2am every morning. That way, all my Kodi installs will show the same shows throughout the house.

To Sync watched status throughout the house, I use Trakt.tv on every Kodi box, and this works great.
(2016-12-09, 17:52)Moukrea Wrote: Indeed I wonder, would the movies infos refresh by themselves within Kodi if an edit is done to the .nfo file from Ember Media Manager? Like IMDb ratings/Top 250 for exemple

Ember has the ability to INSTANTLY update kodi info with any NFO changes. Again, I don't use that portion, but have seen nothing but good things about it. Ember can be a pain to setup or perfect, but honestly it's worth the trouble and it's the most customizable media manager out right now!
You're totally right, it has all the options I was looking for! Indeed I really struggle to make it work properly with Kodi, Kodi gets the .nfo but some stuff are not working the way I wanted, like Classification (French one... does not show up in Kodi) and the artworks like Logo, ClearArt and co are properly scrapped but Kodi doesn't display them... Guess it requires some more fine tuning!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager running in background for Kodi Library0