Android Almost decided on a KodiBox and need help with specifics
I see. Wait, it does not support exFat? I guess that is to be expected.

Still on the fence. I kinda need to see Fire's UI versus Shield and others. Problem is youtube is full of garbage when it comes to stuff like this.
As far as remotes go, the harmony elite gives ir and Bluetooth control, all from one remote. But it is expensive.

The ps3 Bluetooth remote can control your Kodi box via Bluetooth and your tv and avr by ir.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
YouTube videos will give you a very good idea on the UI. Android tv looks the same on mibox and shield. Not much to say about the firetv. It looks a lot like Plex.
I have been looking at videos. FireTV's UI is too similar to Plex, and is heavily geared towards Amazon services. No surprise.

Shield is good, but misplaces the Netflix app location for some reason.

Xiaomi Box and similar are ideal, what looks like the default Android TV GUI. I think I will wait and see what this Xiaomi Mi Box is made of.
? on android you CAN normally change the location of app icons, and also start them from kodi's interface.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just a quick note your first post for the wetek play 2 it has ir remote and definitely bitstreams HD audio
(2016-12-10, 08:28)goujam Wrote: Just a quick note your first post for the wetek play 2 it has ir remote and definitely bitstreams HD audio

Thank you.
The topic of remote controls is fresh on my mind. I just got the Harmony Smart Control, and in combination with a RasPi3 running Kodi it is fast and flawless (when configured for bluetooth control). Highly recommended.

Flirc hasn't worked out great for me and I've taken it out of my system. It's not great in combination with Harmony (this seems pretty well documented). And it didn't really impress me with my URC 980 either. I believe these problems are more the fault of these remote controls (rather than the Flirc), but I wasn't impressed with the reliability of certain aspects like response time and scrolling through long lists. Love the Flirc company and the responsiveness of the guys running it, but it just didn't work well enough with my devices.
Good to know. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost decided on a KodiBox and need help with specifics0