Very Weird issue with firefox xfinity live tv when kodi is open
So, this just started to happen a few days ago but here is the situation. I have shortcuts (.ink) used to open comcast xfinity live tv (in firefox) using advanced launcher. Everything launches fine I select a channel to watch. It loads and then its it just frozen. No sound just a static image is displayed. I troubleshooted it down to having kodi open. If kodi is closed, accessing the same channel using the same (.ink) the channel plays fine. I have done this a 10 times to see if it was a fluke but everytime same thing. Now, if I open using chrome there is no issue playing the channel. The problem with chrome is that it has audio issues playing over HDMI (most of the time no sound, take some toggeling to get it going so its a headache). Does any have any clue at all what could be causing the issue in firefox. I have updated the flash player and well as firefox itself and still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Perhaps Kodi is blocking audio.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The audio issue with chrome is independent of kodi. If kodi is blocking audio would that cause the issue in firefox where it will not play video? Is there a way to stop kodi from blocking the audio? Cheers!
Ok, so your comment with audio got me thinking, so I went into audio device settings and went to advanced options on my Denon AVR thats hooked up via HDMI cable. I turned off Exclusive mode. Now this allows firefox to play the channles just fine. My next question is will this effect kodi audio?
Dunno, its your machine, give it a try!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Haha, will do. One weird thing I noticed is that I no longer have an option to chose to WASPI or DIrectsound. using 16.1 it should still be there right? And yes, I have made sure that I am on expert settings using confluence skin. Only shows options for Double Digital and DTS, even though my Amp can decode all audio forms (as listed under its properties menu in windows).
So I played around, and the best fix was to turn off keep audio device alive in kodi, while I dont get GUI sounds anymore there is no issues with streaming from firefox. Still trying to get DD and DTS to work. If i toggle between 2.0 and 5.1 and 7.1 then every now and then it will play as DTS on the AMP, but not everyime, which I dont understand at all. For example start movie amp displays direct, stop movie, change from 2.0 to 5.1 in kodi, play same movie, amp show DTS. Next day play another movie, AMP shows direct.. toggle again from 5.1 to 2.0, play movie and DTS is back.... confuses my head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very Weird issue with firefox xfinity live tv when kodi is open0