Kodi without network?
(2016-12-11, 04:03)nickr Wrote: So what serves it up in the car?
The raspberry.
Hard drives plugged into pi in glove box.
Kodi on pi outputs music / audiobooks to car stereo, controlled by yatse.
smb server on pi serves video to tablets via wifi access point.
Tablets have a different advancedsettings.xml applied to allow for change in paths.
Take pi out of car, attach HDMI, ideally ethernet or wifi connection, use on tv.
openelec / libreelec are more than able to cope with that.
That's a good option. My plan (not yet executed) is:

Rpi connected to car's (analog) video system, with analog audio to the car sound system (probably with one of the various pi higher class audio output boards) and install LMS, squeeze. Control via a phone running orange squeeze. I have a SSD in an external case to put the music on.

Even better, work out the protocol to be able to control it via the car electronics with the car controls.

I plan to not take the pi out or use it anywhere else until I sell the car.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Very nice - mine is more of a temporary solution, obviously. Works great for my needs though (which are mostly about keeping the back seat quiet). It's an old (2002) Focus - I even had to solder a couple of wires to the stereo's circuit board to get an aux input! I use a (very) cheap usb sound card, even that works much better than analogue (that's on the original pi).
The nice thing about the pi's support - as they get too old to be really usable for kodi there's always something you can do with them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi without network?0