Having issues with WiFi on my iPhone when I have kodi open on my Macbook
Like the subject says I am having issues with the Wifi on my iPhone working when I have Kodi open on my Macbook. This is the second time I've had Kodi, but it didn't happen the first time I started using it. Any info would be great! Thank you!
Please be more clear with your question and issue.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
While we fetch the crystal ball can you add some detailed information about your issue? Help us to help you.

Also please don't CAPITALISE the title of your threads, it's really annoying.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
New to forum, so I apologize. My MacBook and iPhone are on the same wifi in my house, so when I have Kodi open on my laptop and running, my iPhone basically shuts down unless I turn off wifi and restart it. I don't really know if this is a question for this forum but I figured I'd give it a shot. Essentially, Kodi open, phone doesn't work at all. Jodi not running iPhone works fine. I don't really know what other info is needed so I apologize.
1) all caps is considered rude and yelling, I have corrected that. 2) please provide a debug log (wiki) of kodi running on the macbook via pastebin.com so we can assist.
Go into your cellular settings on the phone, scroll all the way to the bottom, and turn off Wi-fi assist. Newer versions of IOS will allow other devices on the network to use the phones cellular connection to boost the bandwidth for external access. Your data plan may thank you too. What happens is that your phone essentially runs out of bandwidth

That's where I'd start
(2016-12-11, 18:02)CCrew Wrote: Go into your cellular settings on the phone, scroll all the way to the bottom, and turn off Wi-fi assist. Newer versions of IOS will allow other devices on the network to use the phones cellular connection to boost the bandwidth for external access. Your data plan may thank you too. What happens is that your phone essentially runs out of bandwidth

That's where I'd start

I doubt that would fix it. Wi-Fi assist is where the phone switches to cellular data when the Wi-Fi signal is weak but still connected. It won't use both at the same time.

OP might try seeing if it is related to AirPlay. Turn off AirPlay on the iPhone and/or Kodi on the Macbook. That's another long shot, but it could be some kind of network congestion and AirPlay is a common dominator to the iPhone and Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues with WiFi on my iPhone when I have kodi open on my Macbook0