Samsung 4k TV linux hasswell nuc HDMI signal problem.
Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction before I catapult this stuff off the deck.
kodibuntu
Onkyo tx-709
Haswell Nuc i5
Samsung un55ju6400

So Black Friday rolls around and I hop online and get a good deal on this TV used because someone is upgrading to an HDR set. I set it up and plug it into the already running nuc and no issues looks great even watch a movie. Go out to grab snacks and come back the nuc is powered off which is weird. Restart it the single is garbled. Several reboots nothing changed there is an EDID error though so the next time I boot the nuc I unplug the TV and plug it in once it is running. It works but obviously this isn't a fix. I was running kodibuntu and it was time for an upgrade where it is almost OOS anyway so I upgraded the bios and installed a clean UEFI ubuntu 16.04. Not on this TV it can't find a signal. Once built I can trick it into running as well by plugging it in after the nuc is running and the display is in UHD resolutions could even get it to reboot plugged directly into the TV knocking the receiver out of the mix. Logout though I lose signal. It seems anytime it needs to change a resolution that is it.

I'm new to the 4k stuff and everything else seems fine but the nuc. Short of the initial EDID timing clock exceed error there was nothing else. No dmesg info nor /var/log/xorg.0.log entries on it. I am hoping someone here has some advice.
you can check this build with latest drm and debug Wink
https://www.sendspace.com/file/p5du3h/1e...af92a26779
Thanks for the reply, since posting I'd actually gave the dev branch version a try just to see and get the same results from it. OpenELEC isn't something I can run though I have rtorrent / rutorrent, irssi, rsync, ftp etc I need and it is to stripped down to address those needs.
maybe just boot live from USB to check if that resolve problem, and this is special dev build where DRM intel is latest with debug Wink
so with log you can raport bug Wink if still exist

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung 4k TV linux hasswell nuc HDMI signal problem.0